Sofitel Singapore City Centre
Sofitel Singapore City Centre, an iconic hotel opening 2nd Quarter 2017, will form part of a mixed use development at Tanjong Pagar Centre, a multi-billion dollar development, which will become Singapore’s tallest building at 290 metres set around landscaped parkland and direct MRT station access.
The 222-room Sofitel Singapore City Centre will offer chic designed rooms, 4 Food and Beverage options, a ballroom and several meeting rooms, fitness and pool facilities.
Payroll cum General Cashier
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003032678
We are currently looking for a Payroll cum General Cashier with a good command of English (written and spoken), excellent accounting skills with adaptability, good analytical and administration skills.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare the General Cashier Daily Report by entering the day’s detailed cash collections as well as all other terms of payments received for review and completion.
- Responsible for the disbursement of petty cash payments and also ensuring that the disbursements made through the petty cash fund have obtained prior approvals from the Departmental Heads, Financial Controller and the General Manager before the payment takes effect.
- Verify the cheques to the list for accuracy and code types of payments made.
- Prepare Bank Deposits of all cheques and cash and ensure that all cash collections are deposited.
- Calculate the salary of the ambassadors at end of each month, and ensure that the payment is done accurately and on time.
- Maintain all records relating to the preparation of monthly payroll from the Talent & Culture Department.
- Prepare monthly wage adjustments and report the payroll journal.
- Responsible for processing monthly, yearly income tax calculation for ambassadors.
- Prepare payroll tax report as required.
- Ensure that all monthly payroll reports are correct and assist department heads in resolving any discrepancies.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or Hospitality.
- Excellent knowledge of hotel accounting software SUN and good knowledge in Opera, Fidelio, Material Control and Micros POS.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident, approachable, patient with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret financial information with a strong understanding of overall hotel operations.
Date of issue: November 28, 2016