Singapore - MIT Alliance for Research & Technology
SMART is a major research enterprise established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in partnership with the National Research Foundation of Singapore (NRF). SMART serves as an intellectual hub for international research collaborations, between researchers from MIT, Singapore Universities, Research Institutes, Agencies, Hospitals and Industry. At SMART, we identify and carry out research on critical problems of societal importance, while simultaneously instilling and promoting a culture of translational research and entrepreneurship in Singapore. Five interdisciplinary research groups (IRGs) have been established to date: BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM), Center for Environmental Sensing and Modeling (CENSAM), Future Urban Mobility (FM), Infectious Diseases (ID) and Low Energy Electronic Systems (LEES).
Part Time Administrative Assistant (Ref: IRG_LEES_2017_006) (3 months contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003187457
Employer Ref. IRG_LEES_2017_006
We are looking for a Part Time Administrative Assistant (up to 20 hours per week) to keep our team organized and highly focused on delivering product by deadline.
The successful candidate will ensure that other team members remain focused on assigned task by taking on the administrative duties, including:
• Managing and distributing information within the team
• Keeping track and following up on email communications and drafting messages
• Taking memos, maintaining files and inventory
• Scheduling appointments and support other staff within the team.
• Responsible for all procurement duties; handle all purchase requests from the team including identifying and proposing suppliers to get price quotes and placing the orders through our Headquarter as well as scheduling deliveries and all related follow up with suppliers.
The successful candidate should possess:
• Basic technical understanding of engineering, e.g. through project experience; a technical degree is preferred but not necessary;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and also be a team player when required.
• High personal integrity.
Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.