Scripps Networks Interactive has become the leader in lifestyle media in the home, food and travel categories. Delivering content across a host of media platforms, our brands - HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Asian Food Channel, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country - connect with viewers to provide relevant ideas, information and solutions every day, everywhere.
Our desire to influence and inspire extends beyond media to include strong community and business relationships. Through our corporate social responsibility and diversity and inclusion efforts, we are committed to making a positive difference with those we come into contact with every day.
At Scripps Networks Interactive, we are guided by eight Core Values. These values have remained constant even as the company has evolved to meet the ever-changing needs of our audiences, advertisers and distribution partners. Whether negotiating an acquisition or having coffee with a colleague, our people always keep these principles in mind because they truly are what makes Scripps a great place to work.
- Clarity in Communication
- Compassion & Support
- Shared Responsibility
- Work/Life Balance
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002986852
The incumbent will produce and over-see the production of all on air promotional elements on the channel/s which includes promo production, ad-hoc creative work and concept creation. With passion for lifestyle genre, he or she will create content that enhances the brand and maximizes audience reach while ensuring the highest standard of creative and technical execution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write detailed promo scripts based on show content and promo production “makelist”. Preselect music tracks for use
- Shortlist all relevant shots for editors’ use and review editors’ cuts
- Ensure promo graphics are creatively and accurately executed
- Ensure all information presented in the promos is accurate
- Book and supervise all post sessions for editing, audio and GFX work
- Conceptualize and present short form ideas outside of channel promos such as client vignettes, “upfront” tapes and mood reels for partners such as cable affiliates, sponsors, media and barter deals
- Direct and or produce short form materials as well ad hoc contents
- Conceptualize write and direct the filming of promos and other short forms
- Supervise 3rd party production of all form content when necessary, including treatments and proposed creative
- Actively propose 1 x creative concepts a month for channel development, programme promotion or marketing/sales initiatives
Education & Experience
- Diploma/Degree in Media related field
- At least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in the Film/TV industry
- Proven record in producing promos for a lifestyle network in a Pan Regional (Asia Pacific) environment
- Experience in following through all parts of the production process (pre-production, production and post-production)
- Possess strong creative skills in content production such as conceptualizing ideas, script writing, managing and working with creative partners
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including specific knowledge of lifestyle media content
- Knowledge of video production processes, including studio and field production (eg. lighting, cameras, audio and set design)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and non-linear editing software and hardware (eg. Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Possess social perceptiveness and research skills
- Proactive, strong organizational skills with ability to work independently