Society for the Aged Sick has been formed since 1968 and is a non-profit, charitable organization offering residential care for the destitute and aged sick. We are located at Hougang Avenue 1. Please visit our website at http://www.societyagedsick.org.sg for more details about us.
We are currently seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Nurse Manager.
WHY JOIN US?
Society for the Aged Sick - a place for an opportunity to work in your area of expertise.
We foster a unique working environment, one that balances professionalism with a social life.
We offer attractive salary that commensurate with your work experience.
We provide opportunities for a better career advancement within the company.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003017905
Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to this position:
Asst Nurse Managers, Nurses and Support Care Staff
The Nurse Manager is responsible for managing ward operations, delivering quality care for the patients and development of nurses and care staff.
- Providing day-to-day management and leadership of wards in the Home
- Providing direct care and collaborating with the multi-disciplinary team for best care plan
- Establishing a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to residents and their families;
- Mentoring and supervising reporting care staff to provide optimal care;
- Maintaining accurate and systematic documentation of ward activities;
- Upholding the highest possible standards of care practices;
- Designing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring clinical and service standards;
- Evaluating training needs and planning / conducting programs for care staff;
- Running the ITE certificate program for care staff; and
- Identifying and leading quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide leadership in crisis management e.g. haze or pandemic outbreak
- Ensure compliance with regulations, certifications and licensing requirements.
- Singapore Registered Nurse with valid SNB certificate
- Post basic specialty in Gerontology / Palliative Care advantageous
- Minimum of 12 years work experience with at least 5 years in a supervisory or managerial position in healthcare sector
- Possesses good organizational, management and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with good communications and interpersonal skills
Interested applicants, please send us your resume stating the position applying for at the header, your current and expected salary and notice period together with your recent photograph.