CapitaTECH – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Network Engineer (Implementation) JTK-NSHE
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002959202
EA License No 08C2893
- Network Engineer is an IT technical position responsible for provisioning of ICT services for enterprise infrastructures. Manage and coordinates with other divisions, vendors and subsidiaries to implement the comprehensive ICT services to satisfy customer.
- Provide guidance and adequate training to junior engineers
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provisioning for New Customers
- On-time delivery and management of customer ports and circuits
- Configuration of port, IP, and BGP router setting
- Connectivity and BGP testing with new customers
- Resource allocation for new customers including PortID, IP Address and router port allocation.
- Operations and maintenance
- On-site and remote troubleshooting of network issues related to DWDM Network
- Asset management of the equipment node including tagging and maintenance of an asset list.
- Make recommendations and take actions to fill the network design/performance gap
- Network Design
- Assist in making network design and purchasing of equipment for upgrade and expansion
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Manage communications and collaboration with other teams and departments to support the business operations of the services/products
- Global group companies team works and partnership developments/management with business partners
- Interface with HQ on services/products developments/management
- Collaborate with group companies and affiliates
Qualification Requirements / Experience (relevant skills):
- Min. Degree Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Min 3 years’ experience in related field of work (Network Engineering, Project Management).
- Business experience in regional/ global operators/ carriers/ ICT service providers is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of telecommunications infrastructure (SDH, TDM, MPLS), and equipment (Cisco, Alcatel, Lucent, Juniper etc).
- Good understanding of Optical Transport Equipment (Telabbs, Huawei, Infinera, BTI, Ciena, Cyan, etc)
- Strong project management skills in network and systems
- Excellent hands-on/ troubleshooting experience of enterprise network including Cisco and Juniper routers
- Administration experienced in WAN/LAN technologies and sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Preferred with knowledge in Voice system (VoIP, PABX)
- Relevant technical certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the above position, please send us an updated copy of your resume to
Job Code: JTK
Email: tech2 at capitagrp dot com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
EA License: 08C2893