Middle Office Analyst
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002989181
EA License No. 98C5473
Employer Ref. 3693910/001
Within Singapore office, the Middle-Office team is a small, multi-disciplinary, operational and analytical team responsible for the key risk and middle office control functions of the business.
Our client is the energy trading arm of a joint venture between a trading company and utilities firm and is responsible for providing coal trading and freight logistics services.
The individual will be part of a small team responsible for producing/ensuring that on a daily basis:
- All Singapore trades are captured/confirmed and managed according to internal procedures.
- A reflective daily P&L for the business is produced according to internal procedures.
- A daily extract of the commodity risk positions is produced and distributed across the business.
The position holder will be expected to develop a deep operational understanding of all aspects of the commodity and risk positions of the business and be able to communicate this understanding effectively to both the front office and management. The ability to constructively challenge the 'status quo' will also be important.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken).
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently, and accurately.
- Numerate, comfortable handling varied and complex data sets.
- Well-developed IT skills - ideally including some VBA and/or SQL skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- Some experience of working within a utility/energy commodity trading house - ideally in an analytical role with a significant operational component.
- Operational familiarity with physical and financial energy commodity documentation and the energy trading life-cycle.
- Some experience of both drafting and reviewing basic energy trade documentation (Master Agreements, SCoTA documentation, Trade Confirmations etc.).
- At least 2 (continuous) year's work experience
For the right candidate, this role offers an excellent opportunity to (further) develop the core operational risk management skills required to control a coal and freight trading business.
As well as the characteristics outlined above, the candidate needs to have a commercial approach to his/her duties, a flexible approach to problem solving, and the ability to work effectively as part of a small, culturally diverse team.
Where required, appropriate training will be provided.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gavin Teo (Lic No: R1328332) on +65 6416 9835
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.sg