Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s new autonomous university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community.
SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy. As a new university, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003183602
SIT is looking for Math Tutors who will be reporting to the Learning Designer (Mathematics) of Centre for Learning Environment and Assessment Development (CoLEAD).
- Develop learning activities or content (teaching and assessment materials) in the scope of pre-university and university mathematics, in consultation with academic staff.
- Conduct 3-hour math clinic sessions twice a day on assignment basis between June to September 2017. Compensation is based on hourly-rate.
- Review online and lesson materials with students and provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate and build confidence in students.
- Monitor students’ progress and to answer students’ queries to facilitate their learning process during the clinic sessions. Create a conducive tutoring environment to promote collaborative and small group learning.
- Evaluate and update existing course materials to address students’ learning misconceptions encountered during clinic sessions.
- Attend a fortnightly meeting to provide updates on the progress of the students’ learning and clinic sessions.
- At least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Math, Physics, Engineering or any related field.
- Passion for advancing the University's commitment to excellence in learning and teaching.
- Experienced working in a collaborative teaching environment.
- Experienced with instructional design techniques and methodologies, online course development and delivery will be an added advantage.
- Experience in teaching Mathematics, preferably in O and A level Math.
- Familiar with learner-centred pedagogy, ability to develop instructionally sound materials for online learning.
- Ability to embrace new teaching pedagogies and willingness to develop new methodologies to enhance students’ learning
- Skilled at translating technical concepts and practices for generalist audiences.
- This position requires a high level of design and technical creativity, initiative, active listening, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure.