Meggitt PLC is one of the world’s leading aerospace component and sub-systems suppliers, specializing in thermal management and fluid control, wheels and brakes, sensing systems and polymers and composites. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, the group is a FTSE100 company, whose turnover exceeded S$2.4 billion in 2011 and employs 10,240 people worldwide.
Meggitt Aerospace Asia Pacific is Meggitt’s Singapore facility and provides MRO, parts distribution, sales and marketing and field technical support for a wide range of Meggitt products including aircraft braking systems and engine accessories.
Materials & Logistics Assistant
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002982844
- Co-ordinate and schedule pick-up with freight forwarders and 3rd party service providers for dispatch of shipments and update Customer Service department with delivery details and documentation
- To perform good receiving, put-away, cycle-count and stock surveillance.
- Assist in handling of Dangerous Goods (DG) management
- Pick, and label materials and spares for Operations and customers ‘orders. For outbound shipments or dispatch, to ensure proper and adequate preparation and packaging are performed.
- Ensure all shipment documentation are prepared correctly and filed in accordance to the requirements of Singapore Customs and IRAS.
- Assist in department administrative work such as documents verification and filing
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Company
- GCE ‘N’/ ‘O’ Level with at least 1 year relevant experience or Higher Nitec in Logistics for International trade preferred
- Meticulous with good organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods handling and management is preferred
- IT savvy
- Good team player, willing to learn and self-motivated