Market Manager – Finance & Risk (Banking)
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Singapore Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003035142
The Market Manager for Finance and Risk is primarily responsible for the overall financial and market success in APAC for Finance and Risk products and services. The Market Manager analyzes market conditions, the competitive landscape, customer needs and WK capabilities and then designs go-to-market plans optimizing WKFS market potential. The Market Manager interfaces with different markets to synthesize feedback and prioritize functionalities to add to Financial Regulatory Reporting and related products. Activities include, gaining and maintaining an expert knowledge of all market ready FRR (Finance, Risk & Reporting) products; analyzing market information; presenting proposals for product evolution to governance board; participating in cross-organizational project planning and execution; and representing Wolters Kluwer within the market.
Some of the responsibilities of the role includes:
- Developing and maintaining an expert knowledge of FRR products and services including features, benefits, intended use, value proposition and competitive position by engaging in self-directed learning; studying product, technical, or executive information provided in a timely manner until mastered; acquiring an understanding of all information systems and applications utilized within FS; maintaining an expert knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes, and best practices; understanding business opportunities, including competitive positioning; establishing and maintaining competence in all current and planned versions of products; researching and learning how the products fit into client processes and contribute to their business performance; reviewing competitor information and assessing OneSumX product strengths relative to the competition; and maintaining knowledge and awareness of current regulatory requirements, pending regulations and legislation, and their potential impact on the industry.
- Defining product/market segment/practice area strategy and roadmap by staying abreast of corporate and division strategy and mission; identifying experts and leaders in the field; developing and maintaining relationship with key constituents and at top levels within the industry; managing a comprehensive portfolio of contacts; obtaining information surrounding market specific Enterprise, Operational, Financial and Compliance risk industry interests and priorities, technical and financial requirements, and other critical strategic information; documenting feedback from contacts on product enhancements; looking for commonalities and prioritizing in terms of revenue impact; collaborating with the Global Product Manager and technical product managers and leaders to create the segment specific solution strategy; contributing ideas to other product teams at their request or proactively; identifying and sharing identified technology trends; identifying opportunities to collaborate across practice areas or across divisions; leveraging internal platforms as much a possible; helping to prioritize opportunities such that investments are made logically, do not exceed available resources, and optimize the overall health of the business; synthesizing information from analysis into an overall solution strategy that best articulates the value proposition by the market.
- Developing a business case for each approved new product concept by describing the concept and how it will be used by customers in comprehensive terms; vetting the ideas through partnerships with the finance, development, sales and marketing teams; gaining buy-in from internal stakeholders; conducting research to determine true market demand/size for the concept as defined (e.g., by commissioning formal primary/marketing research or using secondary research data); proposing price strategies which create a strong value proposition for Wolters Kluwer and ROI for the customers; assisting in what-if analysis to develop various multi-year forecasts that represent realistic Wolters Kluwer share estimates for the defined market in units and revenue; justifying and
documenting assumptions used in the forecasting process; working with the product development and production teams to estimate accurate time-to-build and development costs; consolidating the product concept and financial projections into presentation format; ensuring proposals comply with Wolters Kluwer corporate standards and goals; and making formal presentation on recommendations to the governance committee to secure approval.
- Marshals approved solution go-to-market concept development projects through the definition, development, testing and pre-launch phases by collaborating with the product, consulting and service teams to create prototypes and functional specifications/requirements for the solution; providing final sign-off on specifications from the “client” perspective; partnering with Marketing, Sales and Support teams to conduct alpha and beta testing; adjusting strategy in a thoughtful, controlled manner based on user feedback at critical stages; monitoring and approving development progress throughout the initiative; taking an active role in product testing and product review; identifying issues that may delay launch or increase costs; securing leadership assistance to address performance issues in a timely manner; keeping leaders informed of progress and issues; and adjusting the business case and projections as appropriate throughout the initiative as learning occurs.
- Ensuring successful solution launches by securing necessary marketing resources to build the initial go-to-market promotions (e.g., website content, conference presentation/exhibition, journal or other industry vehicles that reach the target audience, webinars); serving as a SME in relation to the new product’s value proposition and Wolters Kluwer competitive position for copy and graphic design purposes; assisting with the training of sales teams on how to prospect and qualify target customers, demonstrate value and close sales; and assisting sales leadership with establishing kick-off contests, spiffs or commission plans that drive sales results consistent with the business plan.
- Education (Minimum): Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; OR, if no degree, 8 years of product market management / sales related experience.
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of market facing product / banking experience, including:
- Gathering and compiling market research data.
- Collaborating extensively with marketing, product management, operations, sales, and business development.
- Building and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong customer service background.
- Project management.
- Producing technical solutions to business issues.
- Generating product ideas, innovation, vetting ideas.
- Required local knowledge: 6 years of market experience; Relevant FRR experience in APAC markets
- Preferred: Subject Matter Expertise gained either in Financial Institution or Product Vendor
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Singapore Pte Ltd
About Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Singapore Pte Ltd
About Wolters Kluwer Financial Services
Whether complying with regulatory requirements, addressing a single key risk, or working toward a holistic risk management strategy, more than 15,000 customers worldwide count on Wolters Kluwer Financial Services for a comprehensive and dynamic view of risk management and compliance. Wolters Kluwer Financial Services provides audit, risk, finance and compliance solutions that help financial organizations improve efficiency and effectiveness across their enterprise.
With more than 30 offices in 20 countries, the company's prominent brands include: FRSGlobal, FinArch, ARC Logics for Financial Services, Bankers Systems, VMP® Mortgage Solutions, AppOne®, GainsKeeper®, Capital Changes, NILS, AuthenticWebTm and Uniform Forms74. Wolters Kluwer Financial Services is part of Wolters Kluwer, a leading global information services and solutions provider with 2014 annual revenues of €3.7 billion, employs 19,000 employees worldwide, and maintains operations in over 170 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
More Jobs from this employer