Endress+Hauser is a global leader in measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial process engineering. The Group employs 12,000 personnel across the globe, generating net sales of 2 billion euros in 2014.
Our products include: sensors, instruments, systems and services for level, flow, pressure and temperature measurement as well as analytics and data acquisition. The company supports customers with automation engineering, logistics and IT services and solutions. Our products set standards in quality and technology.
We work closely with the chemical, petrochemical, food & beverage, oil & gas, water & wastewater, power & energy, life science, primaries & metal, renewable energies, pulp & paper and shipbuilding industries.
With headquarter located in Switzerland, E+H has over 200 offices globally. Due to business expansion, the South East Asia Support Centre, located in Singapore, is looking for a:
Marine Site Supervisor - Installation
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003031813
- Instruct, coordinate and control work of installation teams from E+H and contractor(s) on-board vessels and other marine facilities. This includes the work on-board but also the preparation and pre-fabrication at selected sub-supplier facilities.
- Monitor, control and continuously optimize the use of resources both E+H internal and with installation contractor(s).
- Support commissioning of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation components together with our commissioning expert
- Coordinate solution findings for issues and necessary adaptations
- Coordinate interfaces between E+H team and project manager, local contractor(s), vessel crew and customer and act as a single point of contact on-board vessels for all project related topics.
- Coordinate and centralize communication to customer
- Conduct acceptance activities / reviews together with customer and external assessors if required
- Report status and progress to the E+H project manager
- Work on-board vessels in international ports and/or sail along
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities based on return of experiences and manage the implementation according to existing change management procedures.
- Ensure respect of HSE rules by all E+H and sub-supplier team members on-board vessels.
- Successfully completed studies as engineer in mechanical/mechatronic disciplines, and/or similar professional education with experience in mechanical and/or marine-construction.
- Several years of experience in piping construction, ideally on-board vessels or as marine engineer (chief)
- Knowledge in the area of mechanical, piping and electrical for the assembly, installation and commissioning of measuring systems or similar.
- Strategic thinking, flexible handling and strong enforcement capacity.
- Autonomous, proactive and structured
- Advocates and stimulates teamwork, good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient in English