Manager / Senior Manager – Roaming Retail Marketing & Wholesales
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003032031
Employer Ref. JOB-2016-0245905
Key responsibilities of this candidate includes:
- Achieve wholesale rate reduction among Bridge Alliance members to support retail initiatives.
- Create disruptive retail products to turn around roaming business and to win competition.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by understanding, articulating the retail roaming needs of Bridge Members’ Operators (BMOs) and transform them into action plans in order to cultivate the roaming business
- Develop successful commercial and business models/formulas to grow roaming and data business
- Build acquisition, usage and retention strategies, programs and plans for the Outbound Travelers
- Create, propose and achieve the launch of differentiating products, tariffs, solutions and initiatives able to delight customers, differentiate from competitors and convince management for the implementation of these products
- Drive and develop plans to manage the threats and opportunities posed by the entry of MVNOs, MVNEs and OTT offerings
- Understand the competitive landscape (competitors’ main products, services and market share)
- Facilitate and coordinate roaming related products as per the project timeline coordinating with relevant parties in the BMOs
- Lead and negotiate commercial wholesale roaming deals for BMOs with internal/external partners
- Drive and manage commercial models to support retail & wholesale growth in roaming
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Telecommunications/IT.
Relevant Work Experience
- 7-10 years of Product Management/Marketing role (Those with lesser work experience may be considered for a manager’s role)
- 3-4 years of International or regional role exposure
- Prior experience in consultancy role is an advantage
- Prior work experience with several mobile operators is an advantage
- Broad knowledge of telecommunications products and services development and marketing
- Knowledge in roaming products and services
- Knowledge in pricing and marketing from a services industry
- Experience in wholesale and retail international roaming, with a proven understanding of what makes roaming successful.
As an experienced member of the team, he/she is expected to input into the wider roaming strategy and performance review, assisting in identifying areas of improvement.
Soft Skills (including behavioral and attitudes)
- Ability to develop and show leadership and be able to foster relationships with culturally and organizationally diverse stake holders
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers
- Commercial mindset and end-customer usage knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast moving, growing company, and able to be a single contributor as well as overall leader.
- Excellent Team Player with high social competences and ability to work proactively with minimal supervision.
- Possesses entrepreneurial thinking and attitude towards work
- A product evangelist
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Open minded and patient to diverse views
- Personable and trustworthy
Computer Literacy Skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
Interested applicants, please use the APPLY button to submit your resume. Only candidates with the following information provided will be considered:
- Position applied for
- Highest Level of Qualification & Qualification(s) in Relevant Field of Study
- Years of relevant experience in each of the companies
- Current monthly & annual salary
- Expected monthly & annual salary
- Notice period
- Brief summary on how well you fit the requirements
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.