Manager, Patch Management
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002960166
Employer Ref. 01TSD
- Diagnose desktop related issues relating to the Standard Image Build.
- To be involved in activates such as downloading software from the Internet, testing them in the QA environment, repackaging and implementing them in the production environment. It includes updating and keeping the gold images build up-to-date.
- Assist in the configurations for the approved list of software.
- Participate in desktop technology roadmap planning exercise on an annual basis.
- Assist in determining and implementing Active Directory Group Policy (GPO) to manage end-user computing devices and client software configurations.
- Monitor and alert new software updates for those software listed.
- Develop and document the Functional Test for approval and deployment purposes, where necessary.
- Patch Management activities includes servers and desktop platforms.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience supporting software packaging and auto patch deployment in a large enterprise environment comprising of more than 500+ end devices.
- Hands on experience in the life cycle management of golden image covering design, build, test, deploy, operation and maintenance and decommission.
- Hands on experience in leading software patches life cycle including monitoring of patch updates, planning, testing and deployment of patches and troubleshooting of patch failures in large environment (>500+ devices) across desktops and servers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft desktops and servers OS, software packaging and patch deployment tools, and scripting – preferably VBScript or PowerShell.
- Generate vulnerability assessment reports.
- Work with L2/3 system team on a patch rollout strategy.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- A team player, and can also work on own initiative.
- Degree or equivalent with 6 years’ work experience in a similar environment.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Well verse in Patch Management solution.
- Certified in MCTS SCCM 2012 is preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.
About Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
Singapore is aspiring to be not just a Smart City, but a Smart Nation, underpinned by Data and Analytics. As a leading organisation and Singapore's Government CIO, IDA is taking a clear leadership role in building Singapore into a Smart Nation. We welcome interested professionals to join us in this journey.