See Job Description
Manager, IP Connectivity
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987959
Employer Ref. 1600007Y
Reporting to Head of Transmission Planning and Implementation, you will be responsible to lead a group of Engineers on the transformation of StarHub existing transmission network from traditional TDM base to an IP based transmission network, by deploying MPLS, GPON/XGPON/WDMGPON to cater internal and external business requirement, as well as implementing SDN/NFV to transmission network as well as technical involvement on all strategic projects
- Design and plan scalable IP transmission networks that facilitate service growth and enable the evolution of new services and integration of new technologies;
- Be in charge of all technical negotiation or contractual and project discussion meetings with vendors and suppliers.
- Support internal stakeholders and network business growth.
- Expand and upgrade IP transmission network hardware and software components as required.
- Planning of transmission network modernization & transformation, stays abreast of new developments in network architectures, network designs, as well as innovative technologies that can provide competitive edge.
- Lead activities prior to service roll-out, ensuring areas in legal, financial, planning, provisioning and operational matters are addressed.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering/ Science or Communications Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience on telecom industry specifically in Optical and IP/Data networking.
- Have good leadership experience, people skill and technical competency to lead a team of engineers.
- Manage external vendor for project delivery and solution evaluation
- In-depth knowledge in service providers network and services, preferably have recognized IP industrial certification.
- Self-driven with great passion and ability to excel in fast-paced environment
- Multi-tasking ability in integrated planning and operation team
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.