Manager (Strategic Planning & Collaboration)
Health Promotion Board
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003031861
The Department drives and guides the Board's direction in ensuring good health of the population by identifying strategic thrusts, providing evidence-informed recommendations and establishing strategic collaborative platforms to be engaged in. This is to achieve HPB's vision of making Singapore a nation of healthy people, and itself being recognised as a local and international authority on health promotion.
- Steering discourses on diabetes prevention and care, and future health promotion areas, in consultation with HPB's Senior Management as well as MOH
- Integrating inputs from different divisions into holistic and coherent submissions and/or presentations to MOH, with a view to showcase achievements and build thought leadership for HPB
- Performing secretariat functions at decision-making forums and meetings that involve HPB's Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Serving as the focal point between the Ministry of Health and HPB
- Positioning HPB's health promotion efforts internationally through collaborative efforts with international organisations (WHO, ASEAN etc.)
- A university degree
- At least 3 years working experience in strategic planning, preferably with working knowledge of economics, public health (or public administration) and social marketing
- Strong ability to distil and communicate (written and oral) concepts/information in a concise and coherent form to senior management in HPB and MOH
- Ability to conduct business analytics on data collected from programme implementation, with the aim to show effectiveness of programme
- Excellent interpersonal and interaction skills to work together with people from diverse backgrounds and different levels
- Contributes effectively in a team and able to work independently with minimal supervision
If you have the passion to make a difference in health promotion, take up the challenge and apply now!
To facilitate the selection process, please submit your application online. We thank you for your application and regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
About Health Promotion Board
Established in 2001, the Health Promotion Board (HPB) has a vision to build a nation of healthy people.
Although residents in Singapore today enjoy good health with high life expectancy and low mortality rates, we want to further improve our health status and continue to enjoy good health as we age.
To achieve this, HPB assumes the role of the main driver for national health promotion and disease prevention programmes. Our goal is to increase the quality and years of healthy life and prevent illness, disability and premature death.
HPB implements programmes that reach out to the population, specifically children, adults and the elderly. These programmes include health and dental services for school children, BreastScreen Singapore, AIDS Education Programme, CervicalScreen Singapore, Childhood Injury Prevention Programme, Mental Health Education Programme, National Myopia Prevention Programme, Physical Activity, National Smoking Control Programme, Nutrition Programme, Osteoporosis Education Programme, Workplace Health Promotion Programme, HPB Online, HealthLine, Health Information Centre and HealthZone. New programmes will also be initiated over time to address health concerns among the community.
A healthy nation comprises people who can embrace life fully. HPB is committed to helping residents in Singapore attain optimal health through our health promotion and disease prevention programmes.