You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Management Assistant Officer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002959688
Employer Ref. 0044L
- Preparation of calendar for new Academic Year FYP process
- Maintaining and updating of FYP information on Mechanical Engineering (ME) website
- Collate academic staff and industrial partners’ final year project proposals for uploading to Dept website.
- Email blast to students on the submission of their FYP choices
- Collate and compile Students’ FYP choices
- Allocate projects to students
- Conduct balloting of projects for students who are unsuccessful in the first round of allocations.
- Collating of marks for group heads meeting
- Addressing enquiries from students and staff on FYP
- Allocation of FYP modules
- Arrange and compile FYP Surveys to be done
2. Student Exchange Programmes (SEP)
- Process module mapping request from students.
- Process students’ study plans
- Process module conversions for students upon their return from SEP.
- Addressing students’ enquiries pertaining to SEP
- Collate SEP applications and allocations
- Coordinate arrangements for SEP interviews and compile interview outcomes
3. Special Programmes (NUS Oversea Colleges (NOC), Design Centric Programme (DCP), Enhancement etc)
- Tracking of NOC and DCP students
- Process module mapping for NOC students
- Ensure that credits are brought back for NOC students and fulfill BEng Requirements
- Collate FYP marks for DCP students
- Address queries pertaining to NOC, DCP and enhancement programmes.
4. Module registration for Non-graduating (NG) students
- Allocate modules to NG students
- Maintaining the quota for ME Modules for NG Students
- Addressing enquiries from NG Students on modules
- Managing appeals and add/drop of modules from NG Students
5. Mentor/Mentee database
- Assigning of Mentors to students
- Maintain the mentor-mentee data base and website
6. Leave of Absences (LOA)s
- Process LOA applications from students
- Getting approval from Mentors and Deputy Head
- Updating the LOA systems
7. Evening modules for Students on Industrial Attachment (IA)
- Addressing students’ enquiries pertaining to internships
- Compile and collate modules required by IA students
- Allocate evening modules to IA students
8. Exam matters
- Format core modules’ exam papers and assisting in printing decentralized exam papers
- Exam duties
- Input exam requirements of Form 1 into systems
- Manage appeals for Technical Elective Modules’ examination result review
- Compile and input the marks for ME4101 and ME4101A for FYP coordinator
- Mins taking for stage meetings
9. Industrial Application Lectures (IAL)
- Broadcast to module lecturers teaching ME4 technical electives to appoint a speaker from Industry to give a talk to students.
- Coordinate with module lecturers for the speaker’s details, synopsis of lectures and form for honorariums
- Prepare the announcement slides to broadcast the IAL to students and external parties
- Process honorariums for both locals and foreign speakers.
10. Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB)
- Sending emails and compiling of Module Learning Outcome (MLO)-Student Learning Outcome (SLO) information from academic staff
- To raise Request Tracker and coordinate on the MLO questions survey to be done
- To send reminders to module lecturers in conducting Mid-Semester Review
- Collate and compile Performance Indicators
- Plotting of graphs for surveys gathered
- Compiling and collating the statistics for all modules and surveys (FYP, Employer, Industries) for the purpose of EAB accreditation.
- To arrange for Student Feedback Sessions for various stages
- To take minutes for Stage 3 and Stage 4 Student Feedback Sessions
11. Department Events / Seminars
- Prepare events/seminar flyers and announcements
- Create and maintain registration porters for the seminar/events
- Setup seminar rooms for presentations / events
- Catering arrangements.
- Counter and mail duties
- Addressing queries in ME UG common email
- Other duties as and when assigned
Polytechnic Diploma or A-Level holder