Library Specialist, Li Ka Shing Library
Singapore Management University
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002961343
Applications are invited for appointment as Library Specialist at the SMU Libraries, Singapore Management University.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and experienced professional to support the provision of library resources in all formats. This position works with team members to ensure, through continuous improvement methods, that effective and efficient access to library resources are available to the SMU community. Library resources include books, e-books, journals, databases, loose-leaf files (law), course reserve materials, and media resources. This position also requires the individual to serve as a first line of contact at the services desk to provide excellent service to the SMU community.
- Support the various processes necessary to acquire and facilitate delivery and/or access to resources, both print and electronic. Processes include facilitating selection, purchasing, licensing, receiving, claiming, processing, copy cataloging, loose leaf filing, assembling reading lists and course packs; enabling access and delivery of resources.
- Facilitate the collation and compilation of a variety of statistical data for key performance indicators
- Assist in streamlining workflow and determining priorities for better efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate actively in the development and implementation of new services by using new technology
- Perform Service Desk duties
- Library diploma holder with 2 years relevant experience or undergraduate degree
- Information search skills
- Ability to search, interpret and edit MARC records
- IT capability (knowledge of Integrated Library Management System, MS Office and vendor applications)
- Willingness to learn and utilize business process improvement methods
- Customer service oriented
How to Apply: Interested applicants, please email your resumes with a covering letter. The covering letter must state the applicants' responses to the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Singapore Management University
About Singapore Management University
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The ''family-like'' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.