International School Singapore (ISS) is an authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for students from more than 50 countries. Catering to students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, ISS provides the full IB curriculum (Primary Years, Middle Years and the Diploma Program). We now invite applications for the position of:
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988723
- Administration of the Circulation Desk – issuing, returning, renewing items, answering borrower’s queries and other tasks on the Library Management System (LMS).
- Prepare Circulation Desk for services on a daily basis with needed supplies.
- Assist students and staff in the circulation of library materials, use of online catalogue (OPAC) and use of online database resources.
- Responsible for shelving and tidying of library books, materials and equipment.
- Examine library materials for damage. Mend and repair as needed and advise Library Manager on materials which need to be discarded and/or replaced.
- Process new library materials for circulation according to procedures of the LMS.
- Check and process overdue loan notices on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a daily log of issues, problems and queries that occur and inform the Library Manager.
- Supervise and maintain discipline in the library when needed.
- Take responsibility of the High School Library in the absence of the Library Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the library manager, teacher/librarian or principals.
- Minimum Diploma holder
- Previous experience of working in a Library and familiarity with an online Library Management System (LMS) would be an added advantage
- Proficient in IT skills including Words, Excel and database
- Self-motivated, resourceful, able to work independently
- Willing team player with interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working with students
- Accurate and methodical in work
To apply, you are welcome to send a detailed resume with recent photo, stating your
last/current and expected salary, and reason for leaving last/current employment to us.
(We thank you for your application and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be