Legal Secretary - Project Team
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002955113
EA License No. 98C5473
Employer Ref. 3662600/001
A Legal Secretary role to a few Partners and Associates. We are seeking stable Legal Secretary candidates with at least 2-3 years' experience within the legal sector. Offshore law firm experience will be an advantage.
Our client is an International Offshore Law Firm, London based, with more than 50 offices around the globe including Asia Pacific, Europe, America and Africa. Our client has more than 150 years experience and is very strong in project banking finance area. Our client is expanding fast, hence looking for an legal secretary to support the team.
Responsible for the provision of high quality, efficient and effective secretarial support to the practice and business services
- Undertake all aspects of the secretarial role including administrative and support services as required using the most appropriate tools and resources for the task
- Provide an excellent service to clients
- Demonstrate flexibility in supporting principals and fellow secretaries
- Proactively contribute to the group/division/firms' success by actively seeking to improve working processes, anticipate needs of clients and colleagues and take action accordingly
- Undertake all document production tasks to the highest standards and to agreed deadlines using appropriate software and available resources, including but not limited to:
- Type from audio or manuscript with a high level of accuracy, using house style documents
- Check through document work to ensure accuracy
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations using appropriate house style templates and Excel spreadsheets
- Draft correspondence/emails
- Undertake photocopying, printing, scanning, and faxing as required
- Manage principal's calendars / diaries - Arrange conference calls, meetings and coordinate catering requirements
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements, including flights booking, transportation arrangement, accommodation and preparation of expense claim forms (completing reimbursement form properly, advising where to charge costs, checking against Travel and Expense Policy and arranging approval)
- Assist in the planning for key meetings; prepare and collate papers ahead of meetings - Take ownership for keeping client contact details up-to-date in Client Book, adding activities, known-by relationships and proactively running searches for meeting preparation
- Deal with internal and client calls in a timely, confident, helpful manner and pass on accurate messages as required / action where necessary, answer principal's phones when they are engaged or absent; pick up the phone for other fee-earners in department when secretary unavailable where required - Deal with visitors in a confident and professional manner
- Arrange client meetings / client lunches (including checking availability, booking of venue and sending out invitations)
- Prepare detailed handover notes for secretaries/float secretaries when absent by using the standardised form - Co-ordinate and monitor input to Client Book for relevant fee-earners - Confirm all information required on the bill request form and complete the form in full and correctly
- Basic research
- At least 2-3 years experience with an offshore law firm as a legal secretary/paralegal
- Experience of supporting project / Banking / Finance team will be an advantage
- A committed team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic, positive can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to cope with pressure and conflicting demands on time
A promising career with one of the leading international law firms in the world. Stable working hours and an attractive remuneration package will be offered.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Hattie Ren (Lic No: R1437509) on +65 6416 9417.
About Page Personnel
In 2011, Page Personnel was launched in Singapore, complementing the Michael Page offering. Recruiting across the full range of junior roles, we join an international network of Page Personnel offices. As part of the Page Group, we are able to leverage on over 30 years of international recruitment experience and expertise. This has enabled us to deliver the results that you want - the best employees available quickly and with minimum fuss.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.pagepersonnel.com.sg