RECRUITFIRST PTE LTD
RecruitFirst is the fastest growing human resource consultancy in the Asia Pacific. Our mission is Helping People Find Better Jobs, and Organisations Find Better People. We live by this mission by ensuring that the best candidates and employers are connected via the rigorous recruitment processes and extensive database that we are continuously developing.
Legal & Compliance Manager (Up to $12,000/Insurance)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987207
EA License No 13C6342
- Review all legislative updates (including Acts, regulations, standards) which could impact the Company/business operations, ensuring that legal obligations are understood by stakeholders and providing timely advice to the management as appropriate
- Review contractual obligations and ensure obligations are understood by stakeholders, providing timely advice to the management as appropriate
- Provide consultative support and review of terms of new contracts and policies, treaties and covers, ensuring that said terms clearly represent the parameters of cover provided (working with external legal firms for additional advice only where necessary).
- Review relevant internal policies to ensure all internal policy requirements are understood by stakeholders, giving timely advice to management as appropriate
- Assist management by providing effective monitoring systems to ensure stakeholders comply with legislative, compliance and internal policy requirements, and by providing ad hoc quality and comprehensive assurance reviews
- Assist and support in the review of outsourced services
- Identify gaps and provide and/or coordinate the provision of compliance training to management and staff to address gaps/topical issues that may affect the Company and/or business operations
- Work closely with management to create and promote a culture of compliance across the organisation
- Coordinate the Company's and/or business operations' responses on discussion papers issued by regulator, draft norms and standards etc. and provide as required comprehensive responses in a timely manner
- Minimum 7 years of experience in compliance, preferably in the insurance/reinsurance/financial services industry
- Qualified legal practitioner with good knowledge of insurance law is highly advantageous
- Mature and independent worker with very good stakeholder management capability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applicants will be stored in our database for future job opportunities.
Kenneth Kho Kian Woon