Established in 1981, National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS) provides graduate education, professional development courses, consultancy and research services. Its objectives are to develop infocomm and digital business leaders, to drive organisational innovation and business transformation.
To date, over 96,000 infocomm professionals, 5,200 corporate customers and 4,600 post-graduate alumni members have benefitted from NUS-ISS’s suite of services. Its programmes are delivered by ISS staff with an average of more than 10 years of industry experience.
The institute is also the leading Continuing Education and Training Centre supported by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, with specialties in the areas of the infocomm, design thinking and service innovation.
We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant Institute dedicated to creating, imparting, and applying knowledge.
Lecturer & Consultant (Digital Innovation & Design)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002958846
Employer Ref. ISS/SI
The National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS) is seeking experienced digital innovation practitioners to join our growing Service Innovation Practice.
NUS-ISS Service Innovation Practice
The NUS-ISS Service Innovation Practice is a practitioner-lead group blending innovators, strategists, designers, and technologists.
Our aim is to grow a world class digital design and innovation education team within Singapore.
Typical areas we cover are: digital innovation, service design, service innovation, design thinking, analytics for innovation, UXD and Digital Entrepreneurship.
Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we teach at both postgraduate and executive level both in Singapore and around the world. We work with commercial and government organisations within Singapore and beyond on a diverse array of future-focussed collaborative projects: designing new services, improving delivery, and enabling innovation.
This work typically combines three elements:
The Service Innovation Practice is growing, we are looking for experienced practitioners to help us drive new projects and programmes.
The individual(s) will take responsibility for driving specific projects and programmes across our training, consulting, and research portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the development, marketing, and delivery of specific training & education programmes
- Developing and delivering collaborative projects within our consultancy theme
- Initiating and performing novel, practice-orientated applied research
In addition, the individual(s) will be required to represent the Service Innovation Practice at selected network events and contribute more broadly to the overall NUS-ISS family.
Requirements of the Candidate
- Educated to postgraduate degree level, from a recognised institution in a relevant specialism. Candidates who can demonstrate extensive professional experience in lieu of qualifications can also be considered.
- Relevant specialisms might include: ICT, Digital Technology, Design, UXD, Web Design, Innovation, Service Design, Communications, Digital Marketing, Management Science, Economics, and Social Sciences.
- As a practitioner-led group, professional experience is crucial. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ of demonstrable experience in design, strategy, or innovation practice.
- Please note, this role is not restricted to ‘education professionals’. We encourage applications direct from industry.
Your expertise is of the utmost importance.
The chosen candidate will have demonstrable proficiency in the use of the tools, techniques, and frameworks of design and innovation.
For this role, we are particularly interested in those with a credible track record of delivery in one or more of the following areas:
- Organisational Innovation
- Service and Product Innovation
- User Experience Design & Web Design
- Customer Experience Design
- Business Design
- Organisational Change
- Design Thinking & Human-Centred Design
- Theories and Techniques
- Data, Analytics, and Visualisation
- Relevant social or market research
- Communications, Digital Marketing & Branding
Fundamentally, you will need a deep understanding of people and technology, together with an understanding of how to use these insights to drive innovation.
As Service Innovation is a large practice covering several areas the following are examples of the types of technical skills that we would expect to see in candidates. Note these are examples only. Candidates may have some, all or additional skills not listed.
The candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively across the Service Innovation Practice portfolio. As such, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate competence in:
- Workshop training and group facilitation
- Management and delivery of multiple parallel innovation projects
- Mixed methods research (market, social, and technology)
- Good communication skills
In addition, candidates require extremely strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills. Fluency in English is a must.
Attitude and Mindset
In order to make a valuable contribution to the work of the Service Innovation Practice, candidates must be:
- Self-motivated, curious, and energetic
- Able to work well independently and in teams
You must be interested in innovation and prepared to do the hard work leading it.
Application form and information about the Institute can be found at www.iss.nus.edu.sg. Please click "APPLY NOW" to submit your application form, detailed curriculum vitae and NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants.
Institute of Systems Science
National University of Singapore
25 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Fax: 6778 3551