The Tsao Foundation strives to help older persons realise opportunities in longevity by being a catalyst for constructive systemic and mindset change. This mission is undertaken through four synergistic core initiatives:
- Community for Successful Ageing (ComSA) takes a community-wide approach to forge an integrated system of comprehensive programmes and services with the aim to promote health and well being over the life course, and to enable ageing in place.
- Hua Mei Centre for Successful Ageing which enables ageing-in-place by pioneering replicable, community based, integrated health and psychosocial age care service models grounded in person-centered principles
- Hua Mei Training Academy, dedicated to capacity building in professional community-based age care, informal and family caregiving, as well as personal development and community action in successful ageing through providing practitioner-driven training, education and consultancy services
- International Longevity Centre Singapore which supports policy, practice, advocacy and community development through initiating high impact research and collaborative platforms in population ageing issues and related action
Established in 1993, the Tsao Foundation is a Singapore-registered charity with IPC (Institute of Public Character) status, engaged in the global response to longevity.
ComSA, a programme that takes a person-centered, preventive, life course and public health approach to planning for a community, where there is an integrated continuum of health and social services for an age-friendly community. Tsao Foundation aims to make ComSA a replicable model of successful ageing where people can reap the dividends of longevity.
The ComSA Learning Room is a preventive health education programme that provides a suite of health and wellness courses for mature adults to achieve mastery in self-care and for ageing successful in the community.
You are invited to be part of the team at ComSA Whampoa Centre to engage the community in the promotion of active and healthy ageing.
Learning Coach, Learning Room (2-Year Contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988114
Reporting to the Manager of Learning Room, you are responsible for delivering coaching sessions (individual or group) and workshops to the general public in relation to enhancing physical, mental and social wellbeing for successful ageing. This shall include assisting in the design, development and revision of the training curriculum so as to support Tsao Foundation’s overall vision.
- Conduct introductory talks to the Learning Room programme for potential participants
- Conduct self-assessments with participants to understand and identify key areas for change in order to improve their quality of life for successful ageing
- Provide individual or small group coaching and assist participants in drawing up a learning intervention plan (including opportunities for further coaching) to help them achieve their learning goals
- Assist in development and delivery of Learning Room suite of courses (in the form of group facilitation) to develop life skills for successful ageing along with continuous improvement plans
- Assist in the evaluation of the coaching sessions and courses so as to measure the effectiveness of the programme
- Bachelor degree in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or related disciplines
- Must possess at least Diploma level of learning and development or training
- Preferably with some relevant certificate in learning and development, such as coaching
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in individual counselling/coaching and group work, preferably with elders
- At least 3 years of exposure in a community eldercare environment
- Effective communication and written skills
- Able to speak English, Mandarin and local dialects, such as Cantonese, Hokkien, etc
- Enjoy working with elders
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Able to work on weekday evenings and weekends when needed
Interested applicants, please email your resume, current and expected salaries.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.