Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003035405
Employer Ref. 01TW2
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to lead our central Quality Assurance team in the Clusters Group, which is responsible for establishing QA processes, best practices and implement QA tools to ensure the consistent delivery of quality IT systems across agencies.As the lead of the QA team, you will have opportunities to be part of project teams in implementing WOG (Whole-of-Government) and flagship projects across the different clusters. Your deep domain expertise in QA will be most valuable in leading the team and building a strong foundation of QA for delivery of quality ICT systems for agencies.
What to expect:
- Lead Quality Assurance and Testing team to develop policies, processes, standards and tools for implementation across agencies to ensure the consistent delivery of quality IT systems.
- Responsible for selection, development and management of people, tools and technology platform to perform function of Quality Assurance and Testing effectively.
- Lead implementation of QA polices, processes, standards and tools across agencies including change management and training for QA officers at the agencies.
- Conduct compliance audit of QA polices, processes and standards by agencies.
- Establish a centre of excellence for QA and testing and to provide QA and testing expertise services to agencies and to support major IT projects.
- Manage deployment of QA and testing resources within team to projects and be accountable for team deliverables.
- Engage stakeholders in government agencies to evangelise and drive awareness, adoption and implementation of QA in ICT system testing.
- Degree in software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering or infocomm-related discipline.
- At least 15 years of working experience in IT system development and implementation, with at least 8 years of experience specifically in area of Quality Assurance and IT system testing for complex system environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading Software Quality Assurance function in a large organisation. With relevant experience in development and implementation of QA policies, processes, standards and tools in the organisation.
- Knowledgeable in software quality assurance methodology and tools (e.g. HP Quality Center, Rational Clearquest) and CMMi Process and Product Quality Assurance).
- Certification in Software Quality Assurance (e.g ISTQM, CMSQ) will be preferred.
- Organised, methodical and meticulous in planning, management and execution
- Strong software application development, consulting, project management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Team player who is proactive, quality-conscious, customer-oriented and results-oriented.
- Excellent writing skills, good verbal communications skills and good presentation skills.
About Government Technology Agency (GovTech)
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies. Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.