Our people matter…
As a leading insurer in Singapore recognized for our strength and dependability, Great Eastern is forging ahead to be the choice financial services provider in the region and beyond. We are seeking highly energized individuals to join our dynamic workforce. In Great Eastern, we believe that our people matter, and we take personal interest in the career development of our people. Exciting opportunities and excellent rewards await you at Great Eastern.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002983721
Employer Ref. SBA001/16
Strategy and Business Analytic
You will support business decision-makings by providing analytical insights in the areas of operations, distribution managements, customer profiles, sale forecasts, and product development.
- Perform analysis to identify business process improvement opportunities in the areas of underwriting, claims, and business preservations;
- Perform analysis on the various aspects of distribution channel to drive closing rates of sales proposals;
- Build dashboards to provide users with a more interactive and dynamic visualization of data;
- Conceptualise, define scope and methodologies and develop predictive and prescriptive models to support the above analysis;
- Present findings, recommendations and risks to key business stakeholders;
- Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders for project delivery of analytics solutions; and
- Continuously explore other analytical techniques relevant to the industry and keep abreast with new techniques, or innovative use of statistical methods
- Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or related fields
- A minimum of 8 years working experience with the last 4 to 5 years performing the Key Duties/Responsibilities as described above;
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tools such as R, SAS, or SPSS. Experience in SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner is preferred;
- Proficiency in data visualisation tools such as QlikView;
- Competent in SQL to query databases such as Oracle and Teradata;
- Possess working knowledge of AS400;
- Possess good communication and presentation skills to explain findings to business stakeholders;
- Possess strong reasoning and analytical skills to merge statistical insights with business realities; and
- Meticulous, organised, strong eye for details and good self-management skills.