Singapore - MIT Alliance for Research & Technology
SMART is a major research enterprise established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in partnership with the National Research Foundation of Singapore (NRF). SMART serves as an intellectual hub for international research collaborations, between researchers from MIT, Singapore Universities, Research Institutes, Agencies, Hospitals and Industry. At SMART, we identify and carry out research on critical problems of societal importance, while simultaneously instilling and promoting a culture of translational research and entrepreneurship in Singapore. Five interdisciplinary research groups (IRGs) have been established to date: BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM), Center for Environmental Sensing and Modeling (CENSAM), Future Urban Mobility (FM), Infectious Diseases (ID) and Low Energy Electronic Systems (LEES).
Laboratory Technologist (Ref: IRG_ID_2016_005)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960575
Employer Ref. Ref: IRG_ID_2016_005
The Infectious Disease (ID) Interdisciplinary Research Group within Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology is seeking a full-time Laboratory Technologist to work on novel antibody therapeutics against viral pathogens.
• Maintaining inventory and ordering project-specific supplies
• Performing virus-based assays, protein characterization assays
• Maintaining mammalian cell lines as needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a biology-related discipline is required
• At least 2 years of experience in working under BSL2 biosafety conditions is necessary.
• Well organized and have excellent record keeping skills.
• Proficiency with viral neutralization assays, viral propagation, mammalian cell culture, and ELISAs is desired.
• Familiarity with molecular biology techniques, such as RNA isolation, PCR and cloning are a plus.
To apply, please visit our open positions website at: http://smart.mit.edu/jobs-at-smart/current-open-positions.html. Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information) via the stated website. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.