You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Laboratory Executive (Ref: MJF)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035642
Employer Ref. 004HZ
To perform genomics, molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry experiments as part of the MJF lab in order to allow the lab to reach its research goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To support the functioning of the MJF lab, focusing on research related to chromatin interactions and RNA biology in cancer.
• To carry out assigned experiments-including creating next-generation sequencing libraries (4C, 3C-Seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-Seq libraries), processing of clinical samples, and other experiments.
• To liaise with collaborators and other lab members in an effective manner.
• To organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner.
• To give written and oral presentations of work performed.
• To properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results in the lab notebook and computer records.
• To analyse and plan further experiments under guidance
• To carry out routine laboratory work including maintenance of the lab.
• To plan and ensure the needs and requirements of consumables for the project.
• Required to prepare specimens and samples for experiments.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment through regular checks.
• Required to procure and assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments.
• To ensure that standard operating procedures and safety regulations.
• To take the lead in organizing good safety practices of the lab.
c) Administrative duties
• Responsible for purchasing necessary equipment, chemicals, reagents as required for the project.
• Maintain a systematic and proper record of all purchases.
• Liaise between the vendors and the administrative office to ensure proper purchase requisitions, goods delivery and prompt payment of supplies
d) Any other duties as required
• Bachelor’ degree holders with background in Life Sciences or other related fields
• Ability to speak and write well in English