You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Laboratory Executive (Ref: DGT)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035640
Employer Ref. 004G2
To provide technical support for experimental procedures in lab and aid in lab organisation.
- To carry out assigned experiments
- To organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner
- To properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results
- To analyse and plan further experiments under guidance
- To assist in supervising, training and guiding attachment/undergraduate students where required
- To plan and ensure the needs and requirements of the team in terms of consumables
- To ensure that the lab is adequately stocked with clean glassware, minor equipment chemicals, etc. required for experiments
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment through regular checks
- Required to assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments
- To ensure that standard operating procedures and safety regulations are followed
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the lab
c) Administrative duties:
- To plan and ensure that the overall lab administrative needs of the team are met
- To assist the Principal Investigator in tracking his/her grants and other sources of funding
- Responsible for purchasing necessary equipment, chemicals, reagents as required by the lab or project
- To maintain a systematic and proper record of all purchases
- Liaising between the vendors and the administrative office to ensure proper purchase requisitions, goods delivery and prompt payment of supplies
d) Any other duties as required
- Degree in Life Sciences or its equivalent
- Candidate with one to two years of relevant experience is preferred
- Knowledge of mouse work is an added advantage
- Ability to speak and write well in English
- Basic principles and practices in the fields of biology, physiology and/or chemistry.
- Quality assurance procedures applicable to a laboratory.
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in the examination of clinical and animal samples.
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in cancer biology.
- Laboratory scientific resource material; laboratory equipment and its care.
- Methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories.
- Government guidelines and regulations pertinent to laboratory safety & security.
- Packaging and shipping of diagnostic, infectious and hazardous materials.
- Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals.
- General rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards
- IRB, OSHE & IACUC regulations
- Perform laboratory tests
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others