Lab Manager (GERI) - Contract
Alexandra Health System
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002986933
The Gait and Falls Lab provides comprehensive service for the measurement, analysis and documentation of human gait disorders, and to provide technical expertise to medical, research and allied health professionals relating to the measurement, analysis, and understanding of gait. The Smart Home Lab aims to help older people live at home longer through the development of home monitoring and support system through the clinical testing of low cost and non-invasive sensors with our collaborators. The manager is responsible for the development, procurement, management and maintenance of GERI gait and smart home laboratory and equipment. The manager will also plan, conduct and support lab related research through:
- Planning, conducting and supporting lab research including collection of normative data, validations studies and pilot’s intervention studies on functional performance, gait and falls.
- Training and monitoring research assistants on research and the use of lab equipment etc.
- Strong managerial abilities with five or more years of post-qualification experience, with at least 3 years of experience in conducting gait and human movement research and evaluation.
- Possess a degree in physiotherapy, human movement, biomedical engineering or exercise science. A relevant postgraduate degree would be an advantage.
- A high amount of mechanical prowess to upkeep the lab equipment and facilities.
- Willing to work on Contract Employment
About Alexandra Health System