You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Lab Executive (Ref:PK)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960675
Employer Ref. 003A8
To provide support to the Principal Investigator and his team in terms of laboratory, research and administrative needs.
- Be responsible for maintenance/management of the laboratory mouse colony
- To assist in carrying out animal experiments and downstream analysis with supervisors
- To organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner
- To properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results
- To analyse and plan further experiments under guidance
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment through regular checks
- To ensure that the lab is adequately stocked with clean glassware, minor equipment chemicals, etc. required for experiments
- To ensure that standard operating procedures and safety regulations are followed
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the lab
- Required to assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments
c) Any other duties as required
- Degree in Life Sciences or its equivalent.
- Have prior experience in animal (mouse) handling is highly preferred
- Background and working knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques such as cell culture, cloning, PCR, IHC, IF, real-time PCR and Western blotting.
- Be a highly motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and have excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Ability to speak and write well in English