Clovert Careers is a boutique recruitment consultancy that engages across the Asia Pacific region. Our teams specialise in four key industry sectors and cater for all job levels within the following sectors: Legal & Compliance, Engineering, Human Resource and Sales & Marketing.
We place high importance in candidate and client relationships and are dedicated in developing and maintaining strong networks within the industry.
Our mission is to assist candidates in transforming their career vision into reality, and to equip clients with quality personnel. We strive to create chemistry and long term relationships in order to cultivate positive energy that focuses on people.
For more information, please visit www.clovertcareers.com
Our EA Licence number is 13C6827.
Lab Chemist (Food Chemical / US MNC / 5 Days)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987139
EA License No 13C6827
Our client a global leader in the Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry is expanding and recruiting Lab Chemist. This role will perform sampling and analytical testing of ingredients, intermediate and finished products. Support implementation of effective lab programs to ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures, practices and standards and local regulations. Ensure compliance with good manufacturing (GMP) and good laboratory (GLP) practices, supporting Plant’s and QSE Department high performance.
1. Analytical Testing
• Ensure all raw and packaging materials and finished product comply with Company technical specifications including process water.
• Follow company physical-chemical analytical testing procedures to ensure ingredients, packaging materials, intermediate and final products to comply with Company requirements.
• Ensure analytical equipment is calibrated accordingly and is fit for use.
• Ensure ingredients have all pertinent documentation (Certificates of Analysis, pre-shipment approvals, etc.) before their final release.
• Prepare and store retention samples for ingredients and finished products.
• Ensure all analytical testing procedures and testing results are recorded accordingly to reflect Company, ISO and local standards and requirements are met.
• Complete the approval and release procedures for ingredients, packaging materials and finished product.
• Sample ingredients, packaging materials, intermediate and final products both within the premises and at external storage if required.
• Coordinate with other concentrate plant laboratories, release testing of pre-shipment samples.
• Coordinate raw materials pre-shipment samples submission.
• Coordinate approval of raw materials direct shipments to bottling operations.
• Develop or approve manufacturing working instructions to reflect Company standards are followed.
• Coordinate with other Company operations (R&D centres, Ingredient Quality Department, other laboratories) new product introduction quality checks and any approval issue.
• Coordinate with ESLP team to carry out risk assessment on possible safety/environment hazard from the analytical work. Ensure compliance to safety and environment requirements when conducting analytical work and discarding materials (reagents, samples, etc.) to minimize any risks identified.
• Participate in root cause analysis sessions to solve non-conformances from Company or Integrated Management System Standards.
• Develop formal corrective actions to avoid issues recurrence.
• Follow up on supplier corrective actions.
• Support implementation and validation of new analytical methods.
• Support internal Company requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices audits.
• Periodically validate process water and waste water discharge parameters.
• Support supplier development initiatives (e.g. new packaging, ingredients suppliers)
• Support the purchasing of chemical reagents, supplies and analytical equipment.
• Be a member of the sensory analysis panel.
• Develop and execute laboratory operations productivity improvement initiatives.
• Jointly work with R&D Centres and Supply Chain in value management initiatives (e.g. formula rationalization, formula change, ingredient substitution, etc.)
• University Degree in Chemistry/Food Technology.
• Post graduate degree (e.g. MBA) is a preference.
• Minimum of 2-5 years experience in food/beverage or pharmaceutical multinational organization’s QA department/laboratory operations.
• Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) experience is required.
• Quality systems (ISO 9001, ISO 22000 and ISO 17025) knowledge is required.
• Demonstrated ability of executing food industry analytical testing.
• SAP knowledge would be considered as an advantage.
• Internal Auditor certification would be considered as an advantage.
EA Licence number is 13C6827 and EA Registration Number is R1104554 (Ariel Tey)