Supreme Components International (SCI) is a world-wide distributor of high-tech Electronic Components and LEDs. Our mission is to elevate our 1400+ partners’ sales and product performance by connecting our reputable franchised network of 50+ high-tech electronic component and LED suppliers to proactively design and provide cutting-edge, cost-effective, value added services and solutions.
SCI has demonstrated exemplary financial and governance track records, receiving the “award of the awards” from the Government of Singapore including the e50 awards – four years in a row – and the Singapore 1000 awards, now five times in a row.
We are notably ranked as one of the fastest growing cash-rich firms in Singapore.
- This office is located in Eunos (East Coast) so commuting should be accounted for.
- Very strong written and verbal English communication and analytical skills.
Junior Field Application Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002986867
The Junior LED Field Application Engineer will use her/his deep-rooted LED Lighting component assembly, fixture design and development experience to recommend bullet-proof solutions to customer’s key technology problems. He/she will be heavily responsible for winning technology designs and ensuring that they are driven through to mass production. Moreover, the Junior FAE will partner with senior management and sales team to proactively develop and execute successful demand creation strategies for SCI and its High-tech LED and Electronic Components suppliers.
This role requires a very obsessively detailed and analytically oriented, mature, proactive individual who can solve problems with minimal supervision. Being able to communicate the tradeoffs between several solutions is a critical aspect for anyone who wants to be successful in this role.
Tools-wise, the proficient use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are critical for this role.
- Proactively identify high-potential customers to uncover and understand their LED lighting design portfolio.
- Assess the cost, value, time, and risk tradeoffs between different supplier solutions and recommend the best solution that fulfills the customer’s need, and maturely communicate that via email and by phone to the Sales team and to the customer.
- Win numerous LED component designs using products from SCI’s franchised lines and ensure that they are driven through to mass production.
- Partner with SCI’s senior management and sales team to develop and executive successful demand creation strategies.
- Continuously partner with suppliers to get pricing and lead time updates, product phase in/out dates, new product launches, and consolidated the product offerings into easy-to-use tools for quick decision making and analysis.
- For each supplier, identify on an on-needed basis, communicate their UVP and niche product competitive offering
- Source new tier one and emerging suppliers to add to SCI’s product line card.
- Periodically, present suppliers’ current and upcoming product roadmaps to SCI’s sales force.
- Build an organized centralized Knowledge Base with supplier’s product, competitor, cost, and logistics information.
- Holds an Electrical Engineering degree and/or diploma
- At least 1-2 years of experience designing solutions with major semiconductor suppliers’ products and technologies.
- Excellent command of the written and verbal English language.
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client; capable of managing fairly complex projects.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped monthly commission potential
- Annual bonus to reward and recognize performance.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, and two-weeks paid time off (PTO)