CapitaTECH – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Java/J2EE Lead (e-Payment Systems)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003187684
EA License No 08C2893
Working in a team, you will be responsible for the leading the team in development of one or more software component that is part of a back-end system for an e-payment solution using smart cards. You will be involved in leading the development team in the software development life-cycle from definition of requirements to design and development, and testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams to understand system / application requirements.
- As part of a team, leads and develops enterprise software solutions that meet client’s functional and non-functional requirements within project schedule
- Prepare and guide team in preparing documentation from Use Cases, Software Design Specifications and incident reports
- Capable of applying technical best practices to all projects.
- Quick learner and able to analyse, understand and design the customization of existing codes to meet new requirements in short time frame
- Constantly improves skills and knowledge in order to deliver high-quality output and gain increased responsibility.
- Communicates professionally with clients and internal staff to identify needs and evaluate solutions.
- Willingness to explore new technologies, learn new concepts and share ideas with others.
- Provide mentoring to technical teams throughout all stages of SDLC
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Experienced in handling multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good understanding of the benefits of the various design methodologies and object-oriented environments
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 8 years experience in Automatic Fare Collection or e-payment or info-comm enterprise solutions, with in-depth knowledge of design of enterprise systems
- Proven experience in financial, payment or high performance systems that integrates developed solution with middleware and hardware
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC and RUP or Agile is also a must.
- Experience in object-oriented software design, design patterns and UML modelling.
- Experience in Java/J2EE Application Server platform and UNIX environment.
- Experience in developing complex queries in PL/SQL for Oracle or Stored Procedures Oracle for DB2
- Knowledge in Elixir Report and Crystal Report will be an advantage.
- Experience in handling multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Effective mentoring skills to lead team members to achieve targets
- Must be self-motivated and well-organized with strong analytical, innovation and facilitation skills.
- Hands on experience on application development, middle-ware and device drivers and domain knowledge of system peripherals are required
- Willingness to travel overseas