IT Support, Analyst
RGE Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003027782
- Provide customer focus by ensuring that Desktop Management services are delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations.
- Operate desktop hardware/ software/mobile computing device configurations in accordance with RGE standards and procedures.
- Assist with performing proof of concept / pilot testing / prototyping of new technologies, architectures and solutions that enhance user computing experience.
- Provide technical consultancy on infrastructure, application, mobile computing devices to the business.
- Work with local companies to ensure that desktop standards are adopted, implemented and maintained appropriately.
- Escalate incidents and problems, as necessary, to the appropriate team, Site IT Delivery or vendor, while actively retaining ownership of the incident on behalf of the customer.
- Manage third parties working on desktop maintenance/enhancements to ensure that effective 3rd party service is being delivered.
- Establish strong working relationships and understanding between Site IT and other support teams.
- Actively engage users when they report issues and notify users upon resolution.
- Be aware of service interruptions and follow up closely until resolution..
- Ensure appropriate levels of equipment spares are maintained across the business.
- Seek opportunities, develop and maintain knowledge. Receptive to performance and developmental feedback.
- Evaluate all Change Requests that impact users. User experience before and after implementation must not change and any change must be actively communicated and managed.
- Assist with planning, testing, implementation and operation of the thin client, desktop, mobile computing devices and laptop environments, including upgrades, new software distributions, anti-virus updates and security patches, while ensuring that change control procedures are followed.
- Provide end-user training and preparation of the related materials.
- Maintains as understanding of customer Service Level Agreements.
- Deliver support and change requests within agreed service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the RGM IT Service Level Agreement.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and ensure adherence to IT support procedures.
- Develop and implement operational continuous improvement, service efficiency initiatives, application improvement, and application rationalization to better serve RGE business needs.
Planning and Controlling
- Maintain time sheets accurately and periodically.
- Resource Management:
- Share ideas and experience with team members and promote teamwork in problem resolution. Share best-practices and cross-train other team members in business process and technical skills.
- At least 3 years working experience in desktop support environment.
- Any previous experience in supporting top management VIPs is preferred.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Language skills: English and Mandarin are compulsory. (in-view of business communication)
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Thin-client hardware, system architectures and operations.
- Experience in supporting mobile device computing like Laptops, IPad, mobile phones, etc, plus CCTVs, PBX, etc.
- Windows 10 configuration and troubleshooting.
University graduate, majoring in the area of Information Systems / Computer Science related field or equivalent experience.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to RGE Pte Ltd
About RGE Pte Ltd
Who We Are RGE (Royal Golden Eagle) manages a group of resource-based manufacturing companies with global operations. Our work ranges from the upstream, comprising sustainable resource development and harvesting, to downstream, where our companies create diverse value-added products for the global market. Our commitment to sustainable development, conservation and community development underpins our operations, as we strive towards what is good for the community, good for the country, good for the climate, and good for the company. RGE was founded by Sukanto Tanoto in 1973 as RGM. The assets held by RGE companies today exceed US $15 billion. With more than 50,000 employees, we have operations in Indonesia, China and Brazil, and continue to expand to engage newer markets and communities. What We Do While our core competencies lie in growing and harvesting trees, and energy resource development, our companies across various sectors also produce and distribute a diverse range of quality products. Our operations are driven by sustainable practices and development, to achieve quality with energy and cost efficiency. We adopt industry best practices and intensive research and development (R&D) to differentiate ourselves and maintain competitive advantage. Our teams of international professionals and the use of cutting-edge technologies remain key to our operations. Our close engagement with governments and communities remains core to our business. We work towards establishing long-term mutually beneficial relationships, characterised by our dedication to the community (via infrastructure development, education), economy (via jobs creation, skills upgrading) and environment (via sustainable practices and R&D). RGE group of companies are involved in the following business segments: Pulp and Paper – APRIL & Asia Symbol Palm Oil Industry – Asian Agri & Apical Specialty Cellulose – Bracell Viscose Staple Fibre – Sateri Energy Resource Development – Pacific Oil & Gas - See more at: http://www.rgei.com/about/our-company#sthash.0aU2xWc0.dpuf