Singapore Centre for Chinese Language is set up by the Ministry of Education and is one of the NTU (Nanyang Technological University) Centres. We are currently looking for an energetic and passionate individual who can contribute to the growth of our Centre for being a centre of excellence for the learning, teaching and educational research of Chinese as a Second Language in this region. If you have the desire to be part of the family, we warmly invite you to write in for the following position:
Why join us?
- We provide opportunities for career advancement within the company.
- Outstanding career advancement opportunities await our staff.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003028980
Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL) is set up by the Ministry of Education and is one of the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) centres. We are currently looking for an energetic and passionate individual who can contribute to the growth of our Centre for being a centre of excellence for the learning, teaching and educational research of Chinese as a Second Language in this region. If you have the desire to be part of the family, we warmly invite you to write in for the following position:
Position: IT Executive
- Develop, test, implement and maintain new and existing web-based and windows-based applications.
- Maintain and improvise on corporate website using Joomla CMS.
- Liaise with IT related vendors/suppliers on matters relating to websites, computer software, hardware or other peripherals.
- Participate in troubleshooting of server and network problems.
- Provide training and standard user guide to end users.
- Provide technical and administrative support to Centre's events when needed.
- Manage and maintain Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) servers.
- Participate in implementing and enforcing of IT security standards.
- Participate innew setup or upgrade of network infrastructure.
- Minimum Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the related field is required.
- Familiarity with .Net Framework, C# programming, MSSQL is a must.
- Good concept with Object-Oriented Programming and Entity Framework.
- Experience with Joomla CMS.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux server administration and desktop support is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin. (required to communicate with Mandarin speaking Teachers)
- Familiar with CISCO Systems, Firewall, PROXY, Router, DNS ,VPN and IPS etc is a plus.
- Service-oriented, strong leadership and interpersonal skills and adaptable to a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skill.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with reading and typing in Chinese Language.
(All applications will be in strict confidence. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified).