Infrastructure Delivery Engineer (Wintel/Vmware)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033308
EA License No 08C2893
• To deliver wintel / vmware server infrastructure as per agreed solution designs
• Successful delivery of projects end-to-end; to install, configure, implement the wintel / vmware services as per project requirement including integration of backup and monitoring with standard infrastructure, and up-keeping backup and recovery procedure and the security aspect of the wintel / vmware infrastructure.
• To provide post build and environment support during project phase.
• To ensure that operational processes are followed, project inventory is updated promptly and documentation is in place before the systems are handed over to operational teams.
• Participating in the planning, implementing and testing of appropriate backup and disaster recovery activities to ensure ongoing business continuity.
• Review and provide feedback to Infrastructure solution designs to ensure they meet our Standard Operating Environments
• Contribute, train and provide support to other members in the team
• Review and provide feedback about vendor solutions when required.
• Maintain standards document, standard build implementation plans (SOE) and wintel / vmware documentation and scripts including operation acceptance checklist.
• Assist and respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated.
In-depth knowledge of window / vmware systems administration and engineering experince, primarily wintel / vmware
Experienced in building and supporting x.86 server architecture on a virtualisation platform, ESX.
Experience with SAN technologies, preferably EMC and HDS is required.
Interested candidates, who wish to apply for the above position; please send in your resume and attention to DVT.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by our consultants.
• EA license no.: 08C2893
• REG No: R1438554