Information Designer and Storyteller
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003172325
Job Title: Information Designer and Storyteller
Job location: Singapore
Work type: Full-Time/Part-Time
ThinkPlace works with governments and businesses to create vibrant societies, strong economies and sustainable environments. We are highly collaborative, and we thrive on cutting through complexity. We have studios in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Kenya, and clients around the world. To find out more, visit www.thinkplaceglobal.com.
Seven reasons to work at ThinkPlace
- ThinkPlace’s core business is public value. We only work with organisations that want to make a meaningful impact. Striving for impact is core to our business.
- We engage at senior levels. Our client list is the envy of many, with relationships built through great work and reputation. We are trusted by people at senior levels, and we work on significant public sector policy and delivery projects.
- We are global and local. We have studios in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Kenya, and we work in over a dozen countries. There are opportunities to work across offices if you’d like to do so, and to forge relationships in new markets, particularly in Asia.
- All ThinkPlacers are practitioners first. Our leaders work side-by-side with our designers to deliver projects. Our strategic direction is very much in touch with the work we do on the ground, and we don’t have a heavy management burden or partner network to support.
- ThinkPlace people and culture is positive and inclusive. Our people come from a wide range of disciplines, backgrounds, countries and cultures. Our diverse and different perspectives lead to better outcomes for our clients.
- Our people are superstars, but don’t have superstar egos. Our people are good at what they do, but also humble. We are a team of pragmatic and highly competent people who build great things together.
- We walk the talk. We’re constantly innovating not only for our clients but also for ourselves. We apply design and innovation methods to ThinkPlace, and are always looking for new ways of doing things – whether developing new approaches for our clients or improving the way we work as a business.
We are looking for an experienced Information Designer and Storyteller to join our growing studio in Singapore.
In this role, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and contribute your specialised information design and storytelling expertise. You will be part of a collaborative, dynamic and creative team of people who are passionate and committed to transforming the public experience of government. You will work alongside project teams to help them translate insights and concepts into useful, usable and desirable products for clients.
What you will be doing:
- Information design and storytelling: You visualise complex information to tell powerful stories. Your designs go beyond aesthetics and help to communicate big ideas in ways that make sense to people.You make compelling reports, prototypes and other collatorals, both digital and print, that help to bring design research and concepts to life.
- Contributing to design research: You thrive participating in the journey of creating amazing work. You participate in design research activities and work as an integral part of the project team throughout the process – not just on the final deliverable.
- Building the ThinkPlace brand: You work as part of the global branding team to design and deliver brand assets for ThinkPlace, including maintaining local brand assets.
- Influence and mentor good information design: You will work with other designers on the team and mentor good information design and share your knowledge with others.
You should be proficient in tools such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
What we are looking for:
- You have a passion for great information design and for telling stories with your work. You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your ability to distil complex information and communicate elegantly.
- You take pride in all you do and deliver amazing work within time and budget constraints, and are comfortable working on multiple projects with different designers.
- Relevant diploma qualifications or above are preferred.
- Applications by candidates not requiring a work pass are encouraged.
Provide the following two things:
- a short covering letter, telling us about yourself and your suitability for the role (one page limit)
- a resume with the contact details of two current and relevant referees
- a portfolio of your work of no more than 10 pages.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email.
Your file should be in PDF or MS PowerPoint and no more than 10MB.
How your application will be assessed:
Interviews will be held at ThinkPlace’s studio at the National Design Centre.
For job specific, recruitment and application questions:
Please email for further information.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to ThinkPlace
ThinkPlace is a design consultancy, with studios in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Kenya. We create public value through design thinking, helping our clients design innovative responses to wicked public policy and service delivery challenges. Now two years old, ThinkPlace Singapore is a growing studio with strong offerings in design consulting and design education, and an impressive portfolio of public sector clients. Located in the National Design Centre, in bustling Bugis, our office is part of the vibrant Singapore design community.
Find out more at thinkplaceglobal.com.