Packet Greens Pte Ltd
There is a revolution in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in ensuring global food safety and security.
Packet Greens is setting the bar high. Founded in 2014, Packet Greens employs innovative vertical farming technology to produce ultra-fresh, pesticide-free leafy greens all year long in a clean and safe environment. We seek to grow delicious leafy greens, hand-pack them at their peak freshness, and get them to our customers within hours of harvesting. By producing our greens indoor, we eliminate the need for pesticides, herbicides and insecticides.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003145427
We are currently looking for an Indoor Grower to assist in the overall management of the operations and facility for our new indoor vertical farming facility in Tradehub 21 located in Jurong East. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will have exciting opportunities to be one of first people on the ground to aid in the overall operation, from crop and harvesting scheduling to ensuring outputs are being met and product is grown following quality and established food safety management systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Day-to-day growing & farming operations (including input, process, logistics and growing)
2. Management and overseeing of crop scheduling
3. Systematic documentation of growing process and formula
4. Working with management on decisions involving crop inputs/cultivar selection and development of new growing process
5. Interface with external R&D collaborations
6. Ensuring that growing equipment and facilities are in good working order
7. Supervise, coordinate and schedule activities of farming technicians
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Qualifications And Skills:
1. Prior experience in food production, manufacturing and/or distribution will be a plus
2. Knowledge of hydroponic production systems will be an advantage
3. Strong problem-solving abilities
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills