Head of Legal & Compliance
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987595
EA License No. 98C5473
Employer Ref. 3590240/001
This is a Senior Management position which will run the entire Legal & Compliance Function within the firm.
Our client is an Asian and emerging market specialist, with investment capabilities across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. They have a history of more than 25 years, providing investment solutions to clients which include government agencies, pension plans, insurance companies, endowments, sovereign wealth and private wealth. They have offices in Shanghai, London and Tokyo and is licensed under the Securities and Futures Act and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with the senior management to develop, implement and maintain the firm's global legal and compliance strategy
- Ensure that the legal and compliance standards and approach meet all relevant financial services-related regulatory requirements and are consistently applied.
- Working closely with the business, you will lead and manage a team of eight legal and compliance professionals.
- Providing oversight, guidance and mentorship to the business and team
- Establish and build good relationships and networks with external bodies/regulators/organisations in this field
The successful candidate should have:
- Business or Law degree from a reputable tertiary institute
- 15+ years of practical experience in legal and compliance in an asset management institution in Asia.
- A high level of understanding of all operating areas of the business
- A holistic understanding of the asset management industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment.
- Must be a qualified lawyer
- Team player and able to interact with people across all levels
- Able to build good relationships with senior management, employees and regulators
- Able to manage at a high level, but also be involved with the team
- Excellent communications skills
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Paulina Oh (Lic No: R1543421) on +65 6416 9850
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.sg