Established in 1981, Institute of Systems of the National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS) provides graduate education, professional development courses, consultancy and research services. Its objectives are to develop infocomm and digital business leaders, to drive organisational innovation and business transformation.
To date, over 96,000 infocomm professionals, 5,200 corporate customers and 4,600 post-graduate alumni members have benefitted from NUS-ISS’s suite of services. Its programmes are delivered by ISS staff with an average of more than 10 years of industry experience.
The institute is also the leading Continuing Education and Training Centre supported by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, with specialties in the areas of the infocomm, design thinking and service innovation.
We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant Institute dedicated to creating, imparting, and applying knowledge.
Full Stack Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002958844
Employer Ref. ISS/BDE
We're looking for an engineer capable of writing and running mission-critical backend services and at the same time building forward thinking web experiences and interactions for our users.
The person will be a Technologist – an experienced Full Stack Engineer who has worked for a large period of his/her career in tech startups. The person capable of technology exploration and experimentation – evaluating and integrating new technologies and working with groups of people who love to learn and pushes things forward.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in building and teaching microservice architecture which scales, routes around failure and lets us build complex systems out of small components as well as maintain existing web applications
- Run everything into the cloud (Azure, AWS etc)
- Open source technology stacks that will power our next generation of services
- Develop and maintain existing backend services to ensure they are efficient, reliable and secure enough for our many million users
- Exploring exciting relationships, patterns, answers of enormous data sets
- Developing high fidelity functional prototypes to validate growth initiatives
- Pro-actively enhancing the web platform, which is established for consulting, advisory or teaching purposes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – or equivalent work experience is acceptable
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
- Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Great communication skills in English
- 4+ years experience in developing web applications, microservices, webservices, etc...
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, Thrift etc…)
- Knowledge of web standards and modern browsers (HTML5, CSS)
- Passion for clean, maintainable code
Application form and information about the Institute can be found at www.iss.nus.edu.sg. Please click "APPLY NOW" to submit your application form, detailed curriculum vitae and NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants.
Institute of Systems Science
National University of Singapore
25 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Fax: 6778 3551