jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987158
EA License No. 98C5473
Employer Ref. 3704370/001
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, Asia, the Financial Accountant supports the Asia Finance Hub which provides financial operations support to the entities within the region.
Our client is a leading independent global asset management firm which provides its institutional, retail and high net-worth clients with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, and private capital. It is also one of the largest investment managers around and employs more than 1000 staff globally.
- Prepare GL journals and manage the monthly financial close process in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager to manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Prepare and review of legal entity management accounts and variance analysis
- Prepare statutory accounts for the respective entities and ensure compliance with relevant financial reporting standards
- Prepare periodic tax returns (including GST and annual tax computations), regulatory filings and related surveys, and ensure accuracy, compliance and timely submissions are adhered to
- Assist with ad-hoc queries and projects
2. Internal control and process improvement
- Establish, implement, review and update accounting and financial policies and procedures to ensure proper corporate governance
- Identify and review existing gaps in internal controls and the financial reporting process
- Participate in setting policies or controls to close the identified control gaps, and implement effective workaround to improve the efficiency and accuracy of internal processes and required deliverables
- Assist process owners / relevant stakeholders in identifying risk and internal control for financial reporting
- Ensure smooth collaboration with relevant stakeholders situated locally and across Pan Asia and our London Headquarters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or ACCA
- 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the Asset Management/Finance industry sectors and/or Big 4 accounting firms
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a prerequisite
- Knowledge of Cantonese and Mandarin will be an advantage
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in local regulatory requirements (SG/HK/China) preferred
Attractive remuneration package with good exposure to asset management industry and comprehensive benefits scheme with an excellent environment in a centrally located office.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gavin Teo (Lic No: R1328332) on +65 6416 9835
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.sg