Finance Manager (Business Unit Finance)
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002986488
Employer Ref. ID=1388
- To be a partner to business units, providing support to them on financial matters so as to meet the units’ and Group’s business objectives
- Support the financial and strategic management of business units, to align with financial goals and strategies within established financial standards and policies
- Responsible for driving annual budgeting process for the business units assigned
- Review company budgets and forecasted financials on a regular basis
- Highlight potential breakthroughs in areas of cost improvement or revenue growth during planning process
- Analyze market, competitor and customer to support the strategic management process
- Benchmark key indicators against industry and competition
- Manage company's CAPEX budget
- Highlight risks and opportunities, and work with BU's MD & the Finance Head to formulate strategies and plans to meet business target
- Minimum 4 years' relevant experience
- Degree in accountancy
- Possess excellent Microsoft Excel modelling skills, and proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SAP will be an advantage
- Proven ability to establish good working relationships with key decision makers, and able to work with staff at all levels
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation and organizational skills.
- Mature personality and able to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to operate independently, as well as a good team player
- Possess excellent analytical, numerate and strong writing skills
- Possess good knowledge of key business and economic issues
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. Mediacorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.