MCI is the foremost global association, communications and event management group. We are the thought-leaders in building community around brands, products, services, companies and institutions. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, our talented team stretches across borders with 60 offices in 31 countries.
Dorier Asia is part of the group of companies with MCI with its headquarters in Geneva.
MCI Singapore, together with Dorier Asia provides association management services, planning, execution, design & technical production of meetings and events as well as conferences in the Asia Pacific region.
At MCI & Dorier, we offer opportunities for challenging career developments and we are always on a look out for highly capable and dynamic individuals who have a passion for excellence, are team oriented. We provide a motivating work environment that encourages and embraces new perspectives to business strategies.
So, if you have the relevant experience and are stimulated by what we do and how we do it, write to us!
Tell us about yourself and how your experiences can support your career with us. Share with us your dreams and how you are going to make it happen.
We would love to hear from you!
The Talent Development Department
MCI – Singapore
20 Bendemeer Road, #04-02, BS Bendemeer Centre
Website: www.mci-group.com Website: www.dorier-group.com
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003153381
Employer Ref. SG\Dorier\BO\Finance\Mar 2017
- The Finance Executive works in the Back Office - Finance department and is responsible for the management and closure of accounts.
Accounting & Finance (50%)
- Managing and closing monthly accounts in MYOB system for Company Accounts
- Accounts Receivable: - Issue AR invoicing for Product Practices - AR Receipts, AR Aging - All other AR related matters
- Intercompanies AR & AP functions, Reconciliations & Confirmation
- Bank Reconciliation
- Handle Full Sets of Accounts for a Subsidiary/Intercompany, other than the Company accounts
- Assist in Half Year & Year End Closing
- Withholding Tax Processing
- Manage, Track, Account for and Payment of Credit Cards(AMEX, Citibank etc)
- GST Reporting
- Follow Internal Control Requirements (ICS) set by MCI HQ
- Reporting & Financial Analysis
Project Management (50%)
- PCO Congress Fund Management:
- - Client Prepayment
- - Identify & Track Congress/Client’s Fund received
- - Track & make payments (through cheques, external Telegraphic Transfer Agent) to Congress Supplier from available Congress/Client’s Fund
- Closure of Project P&L for Product Practices
- Ad-Hoc - Banking, preparation of presentation slides and as assigned etc
DESCRIPTION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
The Finance Executive reports to Finance Manager and works closely with members of the finance department, fellow accountants and project managers
- At least 2 years of experience in the workforce in a similar role
- Knowledge of MYOB
- Knowledge with an ERP – Application (AR & GL)
- General knowledge of processes within Finance Function and good understanding of the Receivable Function
- Works well under pressure and respond effectively to deadlines
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and engaging personality, and willing to support the team in a variety of tasks
- Accuracy and attention to detail
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy in all Microsoft programs
- Working knowledge of MYOB would be an advantage