CapitaENG – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Field Service Engineer | Frequent Traveling Required | Wet Process Eqpt
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960847
EA License No 08C2893
Responsible for delivery of services to assigned customers to ensure that their systems operate at customer’s expected performance level constantly. Performs on-site installation, calibration, repair, preventive maintenance, upgrades and customer training sessions. May work off-hours and on weekend.
1. Delivers on-site services such as :
- Installation and planning (site planning, site inspection, installation)
- Troubleshooting, Problem resolutions, repairs, fixes
- Upgrades, perform engineering changes
- Preventive maintenance
- Conducting customer training
2. Performs timely problem site management such as :
- Triggering alert process appropriately to prevent excessive customer anxiety. Proactive communication, including negotiations on alternative solutions, and tracking of activities till problem resolution is complete.
3. Develops an effective working relationship with customer through :
- Advising customers on environmental factors such as humidity, power, air conditioning, hardware/software/application upgrades, etc., that my effect the operation of the system.
- Understanding the current and future operational support needs of the assigned customers. Having close communication with customers to ensure maximum operational reliability of their systems.
4. Be an effective member of the service team through :
- Submitting timely Weekly Time Sheet and Field Maintenance Report
- Proactive communication with the account team/management about customer activities. Updating and communication of customer support plans and requirements.
- Creating/maintaining account file and updating customer information timely.
- Getting feedback on customer satisfaction and acting on concerns by frequent contacts with assigned customers.
5. Improves personal expertise and effectiveness by :
- Becoming familiar with Veeco Service Support Process and Alert/Escalation System
- Attending necessary training to increase competency in assigned technology and to increase productivity and professionalism.
- Practicing teamwork within country, region and across disciplines.
6. Develops good work practices in :
- Completing Weekly Time Sheets and Field Maintenance Report to account for time, expenses, inventory billing, etc.
- Following all required safety practices, as defined by Veeco and/or the customers’ site safety code.
- Fully accountable for assigned company assets, including laptop, tools, test equipment, service inventory, etc.
7. Attends all service meetings as assigned.
8. Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by Service Manager and/or Country Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Material Science.
- At least 3 years’ field installation and servicing experience, or equipment assembly experience, or equipment final test experience. Instrument experience in wafer wet etch, or solvent based metal lifter, or vacuum technology is a plus.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills and superior mechanical competence.
- Ability and Willingness to travel frequently out of home base.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- A positive team player.
- Good spoken and written communication skills required
- Those with fab/semi vendor experiences would be preferred.
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the advertised position, please click on "Apply Now" or contact our office at +65 6318 9076 for a confidential discussion.
Job Code: EML
EA License No.: 08C2893 | REG No : R1657826 (Lee Feng Ru Esmond)