Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $1.9 billion in 2014. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of December 2014, the company had a $26 billion market capitalization.
Field Service Engineer, Singapore (Ref: 7382BR)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003147970
All About Us
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, this individual will provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
All About You
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists with interfacing between the field organization and internal support structure by providing timely onsite technical assistance to Customers, Field Applications Scientist/Specialists, and Territory Account Managers
- Serve as a focal point for problem resolution assistance to subsidiary or distributor support
- Responsible for editing, writing and modifying Service and Training manuals, Field Service Bulletins, and SOPs
- Install, upgrade, repair, and maintain instrument systems in defined territory
- Provide technical support to staff, contractors and customers
- Manage the Service Territory including distributor’s service staff
- Respond to service requests and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage service parts inventory levels
- Maintain up to date customer information, technical files and appropriate databases
- Provide timely and accurate reports as requested
- Works in conjunction with other staff to coordinate new system placements, develop leads, promote upgrades and contract renewals etc.
- Maintains routine contact with existing customer base
- Travel out of country may be necessary upon request. Travelling frequency at around 25%
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related degree with knowledge in the biotechnology/biomedical industry, or applicable military experience
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Experience managing distributors is a plus
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have good technical writing abilities
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Computer experience and literacy a must
- Familiarity with field optical alignments, robotics, electrical/electronics, and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.