Christie Digital Systems, a US MNC, sets the world standard in vibrant, high brightness projection systems. From control rooms to rock band concerts, film studios and cinemas, our products are used in some of the world’s most varied and exciting environments.
Field Application Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003154465
A Field Application Engineer serves in the field liaison capacity with other company personnel, suppliers, manufacturing, and customers. They provide technical support and assistance to our customers and sales staff through site visits, phone support, and sales demonstration. Field Application Engineers are familiar with our products’ usage and integration. They maintain familiarity with our competitor products to assist customers and sales representatives with integration of Christie and 3rd party products.
- Providing quality technical support to the Singapore sales team/Consultants, Partners and end-users at demonstrations, by telephone, in the lab and when necessary, for on-site servicing of product throughout Singapore
- Resolving technical situations in a timely manner through personal interaction with customers while minimizing expense and negative exposure.
- Distribution of technical information to customers in a very professional manner either on-site or through development and delivery of technical training courses to Partners and End-Users.
- Gathering feedback and information from customers on issues, concerns and competitor’s systems, and sharing with the sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and quality control departments to help improve overall product performance.
- Accountable for ensuring knowledge of Christie product and 3rd party systems is maintained through completion of online training / certification and attendance of ILT.
- Provide customer and equipment support, handling general to complex field engineering assignments with limited supervision. Adapt planned approach when site conditions require, so as to maintain assignment deliverables and system performance.
- Train partners and customer liaisons in the proper use of the company’s products, systems and the tools and test equipment required for optimal performance.
- Maintain high quality standards and performance of company equipment/products in all venues. May assist with the installation, calibration, trouble shooting, commissioning and repair of equipment that is manufactured by the company or that directly or indirectly interfaces with the company’s products.
- Resolve pre and post sales technical issues as quickly as possible; implement interim solutions if necessary, then escalate outstanding issues to Service Manager for resolution.
- Resolve technical problems within geographic area of responsibility that have been escalated from Technical Support Analysts or other party.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of technical documentation, reports and training material including completing Service Work Order documentation.
- Provide technical opinion/input and design ideas to support project tender process, and/or as part of telephone support for applications specific to a given Market; gather customer feedback on Christie and other systems, offering technical advice when requested.
- Support APAC exhibition activity and product demonstrations.
- Demonstrate Christie product, ensuring performance is optimised, USPs are identified and that product operates correctly with Customer sources (whether control rooms, cinema, medical, simulators and so on). Where required prepare and adjust product before the demonstration.
- Ensure pre or post sales technical issues are resolved in timely manner, keeping the customer informed at all stages of the process, escalating where appropriate and documented within detailed site visit reports.
- Ensure all information relating to a specific project is kept up to date on the server.
- May perform detailed site surveys
- Provide ‘Help Desk’, Preventative Maintenance and Emergency Service support as needed
- Diploma or Degree Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (or something related to networking, communications, electronics) / customer services
- 3 - 5 years hands on experience installing and repairing AV equipment and/or providing technical support