You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Executive (Field Support Officer), St John's Island Marine Laboratory
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002961493
Employer Ref. 0040H
- He/she will be responsible for the safe conduct of field activities.
- He/she will be responsible for conducting researcher training and safety briefings.
- He/she will be responsible for reviewing safety risk assessments and plans for field research activities.
- He/she will assist to develop and conduct training programs to facilitate good quality field research, such as introduction to local marine habitats and techniques for field sampling in the marine environment.
- He/she will be responsible for conducting training and registration of research divers using SJIML facilities.
- He/she will be responsible for the loaning, maintenance and servicing of all field and dive equipment at the SJIML facility.
- Diploma or Degree in Life Science, preferably with subjects relating to marine biology, environment science.
- Work experience in marine biology preferred.
- Must be able to swim well and possess a dive certification of at least Rescue Diver and above.
- Class 3 driving licence and First Aider certification will be an advantage.
- Candidate must have a strong interest and good working knowledge of Singapore coastal waters and marine habitats.
- Good communication skills.