Executive, Public Affairs
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003027644
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop key messages, corporate identity, style guides, and protocols to determine communication strategy for critical issues, including crisis communications. Develops system-level standards and protocols for critical communication events.
- Provides advice and counsel to staff who serve as spokespeople in specific and/or sensitive situations and serves as organisation spokesperson in routine situations
- Crisis Communications
oServes as, or identifies and directly supports, designated crisis spokesperson(s).
oOwns Risk Assessment and Business Continuity function within the department
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Copywriting, editing, proofreading and translation (Eng & Chi) of all organisation communications materials
- Research media coverage and monitor organisation news and industry trends through daily media tracking
- Initiate and lead strategic and targeted engagement with stakeholders, e.g. media / donors / public, to increase visibility of KMSPKS, its programmes, services and events.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, to craft and pitch press releases; develop story banks with fresh story ideas.
- Leverage traditional and new media, above and below the line, to communicate KMSPKS’ value propositions to the target internal and external audience.
- Provides advice and counsel to the management and other staff regarding the public relations opportunities and challenges
-Serves as designated authority for public data requests. Coordinates responses to inquiries and complaints from visitors, participants, devotees, community and general public.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Mass Communications, Marketing or equivalent with minimum 2 years of working experience in similar capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Experience in copywriting and content creation required.
- Good knowledge of media landscape and network is a bonus.
- Proactive, able to work with minimal supervision, has good initiative and efficient multi-tasker.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin to manage Mandarin speaking users