Executive / Assistant Manager, Program Scheduling
AETN Asia Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003035218
Reporting to the Manager, Program Scheduling; you will be responsible for the strategic planning and scheduling for A+E Networks’ channels, with the aim to build the brand, increase ratings performance of the channels, and maximize advertising sales opportunities. You will require a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the ratings performance and viewer trends in various markets, with an aim to maximize ratings across differing country tastes. You are someone who has a high degree of flexibility, can operate effectively in a fast moving environment, and has a strong ability to multi-task under minimal supervision. You must be able to prioritize multiple assignments and be extremely detail oriented.
- Work closely with the Manager on programs selection and provide feedback to the Acquisition team, ensuring that programs airing on the channels are appealing to our audience in Asia.
- Strategic and long range planning of program premieres on both linear and non-linear platforms.
- Create and maintain program inventory database in the channel management system (IBMS) and in Excel.
- Create and maintain monthly program schedules, program change memos, edit synopses of programs and manage Electronic Program Guide Listings (EPGs).
- Generate program ratings using various research software and analyze the data to gain knowledge of program performance, viewing trends across our channel brands, and competitors’ performance.
- Work closely with Advertising and Affiliates Sales on new and existing opportunities to ensure clients’ objectives are met.
- Create and maintain monthly promotional priorities for commissioning of promos and liaise with On-Air-Promo, Marketing, Digital and Presentation teams to engage audience to our channels and brands.
- Approve censorship reports to ensure that all programs aired on the A+E Networks’ channels adhere to the Television Codes of Malaysia and Singapore, while ensuring that the programs’ storylines and integrity are not compromised.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in program scheduling
- Degree/Diploma in Mass Communication, Media or equivalent
- Excellent work attitude, attention to details, sensitive to deadlines, a competitive spirit and passion for television – with a critical eye for television viewing habits
- Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative, autonomous while still being collaborative and open-minded.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player, able to work under pressure
- Good understanding of the viewing trends and cultures of key countries in Asia
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Good excel skills.
- Experience in the Acquisitions and Planning modules of IBMS is advantageous
- Familiarity with television research software is a bonus (Infosys+ from Kantar Media, Arianna from AGB Nielsen and Evogenius from GFK)
- Based in Singapore
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to AETN Asia Pte Ltd
About AETN Asia Pte Ltd
A E Networks International™ markets the quality programming and proven success of HISTORY®, A&E® Network, Lifetime®, fyi,™,, Crime & Investigation Network®, H2™, Military HISTORY™, HISTORY® HD, BIO.® HD and Crime & Investigation Network® HD in all international markets outside of the United States. Through innovative joint-venture partnerships and licensing agreements, the International division has expanded the presence of A E Networks’ channels and branded blocks around the world. The International division also handles content sales, format sales and broadband and mobile licensing of content from the A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime catalogues to international broadcasters. The International division oversees 50 channels around the world, reaching more than 300 million households in over 150 countries in 37 languages. A E Networks International has offices in New York, London and Singapore.
More Jobs from this employer