You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Executive (Graduate Program)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035643
Employer Ref. 004IT
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage CSI Cancer Biology Programme and closely liaise with the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine on modules, guest lecturers, booking of lecture venues, etc.
- Secretariat for Graduate Program Committee and Academic Committee for Graduate Studies incl. arranging for interviews of shortlisted graduate student applicants
- Liaise with and look after the graduate students enrolled in the programme to ensure that they are able to do their lab rotations, register for the required modules, obtain student passes, etc.
- Admission and matriculation of students, including advertisements, website updates, offer letters and matriculation packages, graduate student scholarships
- On-line registration of modules
- Data preparation and liaison with departments
- Resource person for academic matters eg. Course structure, curricular review and development, student selection, applications for waivers, reports to committees etc.
- Support Thesis Advisory Committees on student progress reports, presentation and examination, examination dates and submission administration process
- Assist to arrange recruitment trips, presentations, seminars, field trips, and functions when necessary
- Liaise with universities/institutions on visiting faculty, student exchange, external examiners, etc.
- Compilation of statistics and data for analysis and documentation, including admission, enrolment numbers, student projections
- Responsible for graduate program budget, its preparation and tracking of expenses, closely liaising with Finance Manager
Pre-Graduate Students & Student Attachments:
- Secretariat for Pre-graduate Student Committee and assist in the committee’s organization of student events and programs
- Liaise with undergraduate students, junior colleges and polytechnics
- Responsible for proper documentation of students attached to principal investigators/scientists at CSI
- Keep track of number of pre-graduate students, student attachments and the statistics of these students
- Assist to obtain training visas or other passes required for overseas students
- Circulate CVs of students interested in attachments to PIs and scientists at the institute
- Assist to advise principal investigators/scientists when payment for student attachments is involved
Other duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for CSI membership programme
- Assist in outreach events as part of the outreach team
- Any other duties assigned by senior management
- University degree
- Preference given to those with 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to write well to cover minutes, reports, proposals as required
- Diplomatic and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Software and computer skills necessary to the performance of the above duties and responsibilities
- Interpersonal skills and credibility to be able to support colleagues in a creative environment