About Morgan McKinley
As a global professional services recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines.
Our promise to you
You can get the best advice for your career at Morgan McKinley. Our team of consultants have either have an educational background in their sector or have industry experience. We take the time to listen to your long term goals and provide you with honest feedback to help you realise them. Over the years many people have progressed their careers with us both here in Singapore and internationally and our global presence gives us insight into the domestic and international markets. In Singapore we specialise in Banking & Financial Services, Finance & Accounting, IT, Project Management, Sales & Marketing and HR.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003027428
EA License No 11C5502
Employer Ref. BBBH643801
Our client is in the ecommerce business and is looking to hire engineering manager to lead the team of software engineers to support the business. The team handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience.
- Be actively involved for guiding the engineering technical strategy, make strategic decisions and clearly communicate high level strategy to team members in order to lead the Engineering team to work better and more efficiently in bringing great features to the users faster
- Communicate the roadmap, scope and risks of your projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines
- Continuously inspire and mentor the team of Engineers to grow in their careers and professional development
- Be able to clearly communicate technical details to non-technical members in a manner that is easily understandable
- Be able to stay on top of the bleeding edge of technology and know how to assess a new tech and how it may help the Engineering team improve their work and product
- Anticipate headcount needs and work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality engineering talent for the organisation
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- At least 5 years of relevant engineering work experience on large scale software projects and at least 1-2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in their professional development and build self-sustaining teams
- Ability to mediate conflicts and use your experience to drive change and help engineers solve complex problems
- Have exceptional communication skills and an ability to build rapport with everyone in the organisation, not just with engineers
If the above describes you, and you would like to be considered, kindly email your detailed profile in MS Word format to Sarah Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the APPLY button.
All correspondence will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
Registration No: R1657816
EA License No: 11C5502