Wildlife Reserves Singapore (WRS) is the holding company of award-winning attractions Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, River Safari and Singapore Zoo. WRS is dedicated to the management of world-class leisure attractions that foster conservation and research while educating visitors about animals and their habitats. A self-funded organisation, WRS also collaborates with various partners, organisations and institutions aimed at protecting local and global biodiversity.
We are inviting capable and motivated individuals to be part of our dynamic team.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002982774
Employer Ref. Singapore Zoo-ID.675
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You are to promote appreciation and conservation of natural environment, identify opportunities and resources to initiate engaging activities to support Singapore Zoo's positioning as a Living Classroom. In addition, you have to prepare lesson plans, conduct camps, tours and other educational activities for visiting school groups and members of the public. You will also assist to take care of the Education Department's collection of animals.
- Degree/Diploma preferably in Biology/Life Sciences and/or Chinese Language
- Lessons, camps and activities are required to be conducted in Chinese and English
- Ability to conduct Chinese translation will be an added advantage
- Confident in public speaking
- Experience in teaching and organising outdoor activities will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage people of all ages, especially students
- Keen interest and vast knowledge in wildlife
- Has a passion to work with animals and enjoys outdoor activities
- Able to work on weekends and public holidays